Los Angeles - Papeete - Pago Pago - Auckland | PAN AM orient route

FLIGHTS TO TAHITI BEGUN BY PAN AM

Line Opens a Jet Route to Papeete

Jan. 5, 1964

" Pan American World Airways inaugurated the first jet service by a United States airline to Tahiti over the holidays. The new route to the twin vacation spots will be extensively promoted, the airline said. "

Pan American took over the route by lease from South Pacific Air Lines, which used fourengined propeller‐driven aircraft. The new jet service, which originates in Los Angeles enables vacationers to reach Papeete, Tahiti, in 12 hours 10 minutes from the West Coast. The previous flying time was 18 hours 30 minutes. The flight time from Los Angeles to Papeete is 7 hours 45 minutes "

Hello everyone! Filling free time playing infinite flight is very exciting, here I am trying to recreate one of the Pan Am routes that depart from Los Angeles to Tahiti. Which one should leave from Honolulu, but I just want to do it.

Server: Expert

Aircraft: Boeing 747-200

Airline: Pan Am

Route: KLAX - NTAA - NSTU - NZAA

Enjoy the pict!

A Pan Am jet boeing 747-200 leaving for Papeete spotted rolling at Los Angeles International Airport

Pan Am 747-200 approaching Papeete Fa’a’ã Int’ Airport

Pan Am 747-200 on final runway 04

Pan Am continued his journey to Pago-Pago…

Pan Am 747-200 cruising for 3 hours to Pago Pago

Arriving at Pago - Pago, the morning sun was ready to prepare up the flight to Auckland

Morning departure to Auckland Pan Am Boeing 747-200

After 4 hours, finally Approaching & descend to Auckland, New Zealand

Pan Am Boeing 747-200 Arrives to Auckland …

That is all of the shots from my flight, please fill in the choice according to conscience

Does it feel the vintage?

• Yes
  • A bit more edit would be nice
  • No

0 voters

Which one do you like?

0 voters

Thanks for stopping by

17 Likes

Great post, I love the retro flights and editing style! Good on you for doing a vintage route like this!

3 Likes

Thank you. Yes i like it also, stay tuned for my another retro routes 😉

1 Like

Awesome shots! It certainly does look vintagey

Loved the route map provided:)

3 Likes

Lovely pictures mate!

So did I :)

2 Likes

That’s a great post! Love the way you edited the shots. Well done. :)

1 Like

Very nice :)

1 Like

Thanks for the appreciation @Rian16 @Vinne @Mats @Luke_King-kong . Im sure i will do another “ancestral routes” later ;)

3 Likes

Looks amazing this really made me want to do a flight or maybe a few flights like this, it really brings another way of playing IF doing the old retro routes 😊🙂

1 Like