Los Angeles/Getty Fire 10 Tanker Air Support @ KLAX/292000ZOCT19 Training Server

Aircraft and Livery: DC-10F 10 Air Tanker Carrier

Route: Copy my flight plan (LAFIREFGHTR1) OR
West Departure: R0953 NATHN RAFFS BAYST D210D RIDDL VPSEP OSODE KULVR VPELA MUBME ZANAV R0954 KLAX

East Departure: R0952 CORTY ZIMLO KEGGS VPMDR RIDDL VPSEP OSODE SILEX MLIBU NAANC ALISN R0951 KLAX

Time of Departure: 2000 to 2400Z

Server: Training

• Additional Information:
    Firefighters! Thank you for accepting this dangerous mission. Currently there are fires raging on and near the billion dollar Getty Museum and we need your help to battle the blaze. Key dangers are the air traffic congestion at KLAX, the smoke all around the area from the fires not to mention several local news helicopters. We also JUST LOST A PLAN TO FLIGHT INTO GROUND. WATCH ELEVATION ON DROP. To mitigate these risks as much as possible we have included detailed West and East Depature Flight Plans. Ensure that you stick to the highly suggested elevation recommendations, listen closely to the ATC in the area and utilize copilots to watch for air traffic throughout this flight. Change your call signs to LAFIRES and consider changing your names to LAFIREFGHTR#. I will be the lead with my name being LAFIREFGHTR1. The rest of the briefing is below. Good luck fellow fire fighters!! Cpt Wynn LAFIREFGHTR1

Use the main West Remote Stands and fill water tanks to 98,000 lbs or 49,000 kg which is the max for the tanker and depart KLAX. Flight plan includes a West and East departure routes depending on current wind conditions. Climb to 1500 ft and do not exceed 200 knots. By the time you reach RIDDL descend quickly to 1000 ft and 165 to 170 knots with near to or full flaps. This will put you very close to 100 ft above you will need for dropping of water.

Just before VPSEP you will see the very large Getty Structure which is in the picture below (you will see the Getty as the big white T behind the map view in the following picture which shows the Getty in relation to VPSEP):

DROP YOUR PAYLOAD (Toggle “Open Tanks”). When our payload is released QUICKLY BEGIN ASCENDING TO 5500 FT. On your way to OSODE you will be flying over the I-405 Freeway which you will probably not see due to the smoke from the fires. Fire Pilots make sure you are watching your instruments.

Continue the flight plan and land at KLAX (keep in mind that while you released your payload the weight will still be there when landing) IF you are able return to the West Remote stands and fill up again and fight again.

13 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 12 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.