Looking to upgrade the tablet

Device Compatibility Thread 20.2 - Built By Us For You! have a look up there

3 Likes

Literally all Apple can run IF perfectly, iPod, iPad & iPhone…

I usually fly long hual on iPod, Apple is just so good :)

4 Likes

Exactly. Also if you become a beta tester you‘ll probably get the beta earlier on iOS / iPadOS 😉

3 Likes

I’ll follow IF_WALLPAPERS’ advice and wait until the 2021 Christmas sale as I saw a discount on the Kirin chip ( Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8" ) but I couldn’t find it on the compatibility list. Then I can get a sale on the Snapdragon chip in 12 months.

I’ll talk chips here since when I’ve built a PC I’ll talk the CPU, GPU, storage etc. The Fractal R6 comes separately lol. I’ll wish we could assemble our own tablets of sorts.

I don’t think there is any Easter sale so the next discounted device would show up in a year.

I’m not an Apple fanboi, it didn’t say anywhere on the site you need ios to run Flight Unlimited.

I’ve meant Infinite Flight lol.

It might be a problem in the future as huawei has been banned in the USA not allowing them to use google services but I’m pretty sure you already know this. I think infiniteflight is not available yet on appgallery (huawei own play store)

My Oneplus 6t runs IF without problems and the screen feels hot to the touch so I feel discouraged after 15 minutes. Feels like it comes unglued after a while. But it could even run X-Plane multi user and I’ve managed to run the Sikorsky no problems (it’s 7 fps on the 8 core Lenovo running just two cores tops), I already have other paid Android apps that don’t cross over to ios.

The latest Lenovo tablet still running Google has the Snapdragon 730, I’ve looked it up on gsmarena and it still has some bite…

I can see you’re looking in the android ecosystem. If that’s the case, i would look into the tab s7. I don’t know to much about the android tablets, but it has ok specs. But I would personally recommend looking into the baseline iPad, or even higher end models. They may be more expensive, but you get what you pay for (I run IF on an 2016 iPad Pro, these things last forever)

I’m are using an iPad from 2015 and it’s is working very good

I would recommend an iOS device, since it’s way more simpler and the app runs great on it, moreover, IF is working on Project Metal that will make way to iOS first so, I think you should get an iPad.

Well, I’m on project Android for the foreseeable. Does it run on desktops since you mention Metal? That’s what held back the X-Plane betas for some considerable time.

I can’t run any other things than flight sims, if I’m at an first person shooter for half a minute I’ll get motion sickness and being in the corner holding a bucket. We call it shouting for an eeelk lol.

My PC costed 18 grand in Norwegian money. That’s a little more than the first “PC” produced here, bespoke OS, it ran 16 bits and the memory was already a little above 200 Kb - yeah weird but the graphics took a little Kb. We had three games, also produced directly on the machine. You know, we need fun?

I have recently bought this device, and it is absolutely incredible. The display is very big, it can run Anti-Aliasing on, All graphics maxes out with out a single lag. I really, really recommend this device.

1 Like

Currently using the Samsung galaxy S6 tab and the performance is really good tho wouldn’t say its on power with the new ones coming out now

Try the new iPad Air 4th generation. Really fast & great graphics

I play on a galaxy tab A (2019) and it works great on high graphics! Just be sure to have them at low at busy airports

I have the iPad Air 3 and it works amazing on max settings, but if you have a higher budget then go iPad Air 2020 because it has a more powerful processor and a better display

Honestly, iPhone is good too. Just not a lot of room to work with and cooling system is garbage. You have to be careful with it for long haul.

I don’t mean to toot the horn and all, but come on guys. The OP has said he intends to stick with Android, so stop telling him to switch to an iPad. You don’t do it on a thread regarding an iPad either. Respect his decision, and if you can’t make an Android suggestion, leave it to someone that can.

Device Compatibility Thread- Tablets

There is a decent list of android tablets on here that are ranging in power. If you want a good recommendation, either the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4, S6 or S7 will be drastically more powerful than your old Lenovo tab. The S7 also has a 120hz screen (although IF still runs at 60), but any of those 3 would be more than capable. The Huawei tablet is a possibility, but if you aren’t sure how to get play services on it then it’s not worth purchasing. Lenovo does make a reasonably spec’d tablet called the P11 pro which is quite powerful with a really good screen. It’s always worth a look.

Alternatively, if you can use a smaller screen, it might even be worth looking at a second hand android phone such as a S10, Pixel 4 or one of the newer Xperias, again a case of whether you can comfortably use a smaller screen 🤷

Even a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge has a lot of hiccups. :( I know this because I used to fly on that device but I proudly switched to iOS.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.