Looking into a new device

Hey there!

I’ve been flying on infinite flight with my 7th generator ipad since last year, when I stepped up to the ipad from my phone at the time(S9+, now Iphone 11) I noticed that the performance isn’t as smooth as on my phone especially on planes like the new 777 and the 757. Now a year later I’ve got some cash to spare and have been looking at perhaps replacing it. So far I’ve been considering the Ipad pro 2020 or waiting till march when supposedly a new version of the Ipad pro will come out. Just hoping to get some of you guys’s thoughts and experience to help me make up my mind.

P.S. I’m only in the market for apple products

1 Like

I have an iPad! Sixth generation !. And the truth is very good! It is not the best on the market, but it works perfectly! In my opinion, I recommend you wait until March! So you can have a better generation device!

2 Likes

Honestly the newer the better so the 2020 iPad would be one of the best choices for now. The next generation iPad Pro should be better though if your willing to wait.

1 Like

So is! I have the same opinion @Chicago_Aviator

1 Like

I got a new iPad Pro 11 2020 for christmas and it runs IF amazingly!! I can do 6 hour flights and battery is still alive and it barely heats, as I said, it’s amazing!

1 Like

iPad 5 here, never had any issues and IF rarely crashes. I just need to reinstall every 5-6 months to fully clear out the cache and storage

1 Like

I do the same with my ipad! I do it for device maintenance, and caching

1 Like

And what settings do you play on? I have a 7th generation Ipad at the moment but on high settings I won’t get a smooth experience in the 757. It’ll be at what looks to be 15-20 FPS.

High settings, again no real issues. Battery life is obviously something to be aware of if you like to have high settings and brightness but newer devices are less bothered about being left plugged in

1 Like

My device new iPad pro12.9 2020 working 24 hours and no complain .
Flying time 90 days 1977 hrs 22 mn .
It’s best one .

1 Like

I have the iPad Air 3rd gen. Works great, I keep it on the highest settings except limit frame rate because I do a lot of long hauls and want to save some battery. Never really overheats. Works great I probably have about 500 hours in total on it.

1 Like

I would wait for the 2021 iPad Pro.
For more info I would suggest looking into the Device Compatibility Thread!

1 Like

Thanks and I did, but sadly but understandably the thread doesn’t account for some of the newer features. A 757 is way heavier then a dc-10 due to it’s rework. My 7th generation ipad doesn’t run as well with the 757 as it does with the dc10 for example.

1 Like

Honestly, just wait if you can. See what the new Pad has to offer and if there isn’t a significant difference between the 2020 and 2021 device, scoop up the 2020 and save a few bucks. Good luck!

1 Like

I use a 2020 iPad pro and it is very good and easily runs IF at the best graphics. Probably the best device for IF. Although the next generation iPad pro will be even better so if your willing to wait I would get the next generation

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.