Looking for new ipad

Hello all,
Just wondering what you guys are running if I’m looking to purchase a new iPad but not looking to spend a heck ton of money! I want to be able to run it without lags and crashes on live mode either high or medium graphic setting. My iPad now constantly crashes so I think it’s time.

7 Likes

Hey! I would personally recommend the 2019 one, I don’t have it but a lot of people tell that he can run everything perfectly by now and it’s an amazing device!

What’s your current one?

2 Likes

Hey I would recommend you buy the 2020 iPad Air also welcome to the community!!

To find the best device that can fit your budget and run IF well please check Device Compatibility Thread 20.2 - Built By Us For You!

5 Likes

This thread should give you a good idea of performance and such. I would check it out!

2 Likes

I currently use the iPad Mini4 and it works perfectly. I have no lags or crashes. I have everything on high. While it is considerably smaller the the iPad pro it works well. A topic that can let you know about what devices work well with 20.2 is This one. The topic is “Device Compatibility Thread 20.2- Built By Us For You”. It was made by @Kirito_77. This topic is really nice.

2 Likes

All the posts above should answer your question on which iPad you should get 😊

1 Like

I currently use an Iphone 6s but I am upgrading to a new iPad (8th generation). I am trading in the 6s to pay for this, and the ipad will cost just $280 after the trade in.

Also check this out.

2 Likes

What do you run as your resolution settings?

1 Like

@Captainflight what resolution settings do
You run?

1 Like

Also what have you guys heard about the new iPad 8th generation looking either that or iPad Air. iPad is better priced which I like lol.

This topic tells you what each device is capable of handling.

2 Likes

I run max setting and I use an iPhone 6s

1 Like

How is that possible? I use a 6s and it barely makes the cut. I used to do it in max settings during flight but almost every single flight the iPhone crashed. I run on low settings for the entire flight now and switch to high when taking pictures, that seems to work.

IPAD Air 4 or Ipad 9 one of those should be really good

2 Likes

Well anything is possible I even have Anti aliasing on and It runs like butter

This would be your best option also with it being in a reasonable price range!

1 Like

I use the 11 inch 2020 iPad Pro but I also use it for school and flight training, not just infinite flight. If you are looking for an iPad just for infinite flight, the iPad 7th generation is a great option. Not too expensive and works fine. However if you use iPads for more than just infinite flight, the iPad Pro is an amazing device

1 Like

If you want an iPad which will even look beautiful in 5 years, will still run smooth in 5 years, will get the newest software updates even in 5 years, well…it’s the iPad Air 4.

I do have the iPad Air 4 and iPad Pro 3. Gen 12,9 at home and the iPad Air is more than perfect. More information about the iPad Air here.

1 Like

Yes, I will go with the other answers the iPad Air 4/2020 is the best option because it’s a new iPad and the game will go fantastic Aldo you will have more screen than old ipad that weren’t pro version.

1 Like

I highly recommend the 2020 iPad Air

It’s the best deal with the best processor

It also has compatibility with the Gen 2 Apple Pencil

And the MagicKeyboard with Trackpad

2 Likes