(Looking for new dev) IF FMC || A FMC for IF

Really excited to see what you come up with. This idea has the potential to truly enhance the experience and fill a huge current gap. Best of luck in you development endeavors.

1 Like

Super idea! Can’t wait to see how it takes shape

1 Like

Same here, waiting/cannotwaiting!

1 Like

Poll

Would you be comfortable if I put 1 ad in?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

Would likely have it just below the keypad (depends on the google lords)

1 Like

I’d personally rather pay for the app than have ads.

5 Likes

Going Open Source

I am happy to announce, IFFMC will be going open source, this is to allow me time to focus on things like VACenter, whilst also getting this amazing idea to you. The Github (whilst still needing some work) has been updating accordingly to adhere to the standards for Open Source. Anyone looking to contribute in a more direct manner please DM me. Otherwise feel free to open a pull request.

Can’t wait to see where this project goes!
Sam

Github || Issues || PR || Tracking

7 Likes

Great job @Sam_Neale

1 Like

Nice job!!!

Being an idiot, I do not manage to understand how to install the thing (PC). Any help?

App isn’t available still coding it. Currently at a bottle neck because the connect API is being a little *insert word I cant use on the forums*.

SPEAKING OF
Anyone who has a mac and is preferably in the AEST or nearby time zone. Please please please DM me.

3 Likes

Ok, thanks for explaining and best of luck with pack of problems you have to deal with. I am sure you will overcome this.

1 Like

Even though it sounds awesome and promising, I still have no idea what the idea or intentions are behind this future app.

Would be nice if this could become more clear.

1 Like

Make an FMC which you download on your mac/pc that can interact with IF giving you the extra realism.

I know what an FMC is, but what is it supposed to do in IF?

Will you be able to entered your flight plan through this application? Can you check your flight plan checkpoint on app when away from Flying device? What information will it hold? And what can be inserted?

Will you be able to entered your flight plan through this application?

Yes, that's the general gist of V1

Can you check your flight plan checkpoint on app when away from Flying device?

Yes, that will come down the track.

What information will it hold?

It won’t store anything per say. But it would connect with the connect (hell) API and the Live API to get fixes, nav, oceanic crossings etc.

And what can be inserted

Various routes, fixes, generally everything that the IRL FMC's do.
7 Likes

bump Any news?

Any updates?

Could this work on Chrome??

This looks like a great extension to the game. Maybe the devs could expand the api to add this as a in game overlay?