Looking for “Capt Harding”

I’d like to speak to this person regarding a flight if anyone knows their username, should they be on here.

Callsign was Tomson 360.

2 Likes

looks like someone is in trouble

3 Likes

Spill the beans so all can learn!

12 Likes

Well, I was performing a flight from Amsterdam to Cardiff on the Expert server and first of all I spotted a fighter flying at over 1100kts whilst I was descending…(below)

Note that he is ascending through FL420 at this point.

All is otherwise uneventful up until about 6nm from RWY 30 at Cardiff when I spot this guy unbelievably close almost tagging my tail. I decided to go around at 3nm out as he was still there, climb to 4000 and position for another approach which was successful - even though he was still right behind me on second approach I gathered he was going to be one of these stubborn “I’m going to follow you” pilots.

If he wishes to do neck-breaking speeds and pull brain-bursting Gs and then harass another flight, it should be done on the Casual server.

3 Likes

He just wanted to be your friend :)

6 Likes

Was he near London Heathrow? I had a fighter try and tail me when I was landing on expert.

This wasn’t me but I don’t see anything wrong with it… (I have no problem with having an aircraft coming up to me and going formation) and sometimes I will even do that as it’s fun and sometimes it will make someone feel good that they attracted a friend (that feeling is great)

And if they don’t want you to do that how would you know?

Much as I joked about it above frankly it can be annoying when you are trying to concentrate on what you are doing. I have had it done to me before and my reaction is similar to @AtomicHerbster4 However, short of managing to find and PM someone on here there isn’t any way to prevent it on TS.

3 Likes

It was annoying, he sped up to the back of me at 600kts…I don’t want that happening really.

1 Like

Yeah, I think he was at one point before coming my way.

But would you be good with let’s say 250 knots behind you and then following you about 1-2 nms to the side?

Im ok with it while I am cruising but when landing my attention is on lots of things at once.

It’s likely the pilot in question isn’t here in the community.

5 Likes