Looking for a joystick

I am looking for a joystick to take off and land my planes. Does anyone have a good one in mind for an iPad?

Hey mate,

If I’m being honest, I recommend against using a joystick in Infinite flight. When I bought my joystick I used it for IF but the imputs are too slow because you need to run a third part software and it just messes your landings up, making it really hard to use. Luckily, I use it for X-plane but I advise you against getting one.

Unless you really really want one, I would recommend the Standard Logitech Extreme 3D pro. It’s cheap, it’s good quality, and it works great with other simulators too.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I’ve just been having trouble with a few planes and the up and down motion. Especially the CRJs. It is really hard to get a CRJ off the runway for me. And the transition out of autopilot always makes my nose come up or down.

You need to calibrate before disengaging AP and use more trim to counter those problems.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, what device do you play IF on and do you use the device as a yoke? What you said is completely true, but then again some people may find it hard to use phones as makeshift yokes.

2 Likes

i second this, i got a logitech one for Christmas and i’ve haven’t touched it since then. It’s laggy, slow, and impossible to control 😬

2 Likes

I play Infinite flight on an iPad mini 4, and I just play infinite Flight normally.

2 Likes

I’ve never used trim before in IF. How do I use it?

Do you guys have to use it a lot with the CRJs? That’s where I have the most issues.

I’d recommend 25% trim upon takeoff and 10% trim upon landing.

1 Like

Yea i have to use about 20% trim on takeoff and then i figure out my trim for landing

1 Like

the CRJ is just broken tbh😂

1 Like

Guys, the trim is not the point of this topic. Lets get back to joysticks 😉

Also I have a friend of mine that says that this joystick works alright but also encounters issues with connectivity:

Its the Thrustmaster T flight hotas-X. I heard some positive reviews about it with other games too.

1 Like

I’ve had issues with connectivity recently too, it’s quite irritating considering how lovely the A350 is to fly…using the device as a yoke is possible but it just doesn’t feel right flying an Airbus without a joystick.

2 Likes

I use a Logitech X56 HOTAS which typically retails in the $250.00 range, and while it is a fairly decent-good stick and throttle with tons of buttons (it’s no Warthog).

but the throttle is a little stiff which makes handlfying a little bit of a challenge, there is one major flaw in flying on IF with it: infinite flight doesn’t simulate true airbus flight control laws and how the fly by wire system works.
IRL if you want the airbus to climb with the AP off, and you pull back on the stick all the way, it commands full deflection of the elevators, so once you have your pitch established, you can return the stick to neutral and the airbus will continue climbing until you apply any other commands through the side stick.
In Infinite Flight, full aft on the stick will bring the elevators up all the way for the duration of you pulling on the stick, and the moment you release the stick the nose will slowly drop.
So I guess all in all, I would recommend a yoke, the Honeycomb yoke is nice, but joysticks aren’t so great currently with non-airbus-y airbuses.
Just my 5¢

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.