Looking for a good device for 21.1

Hello everyone, Can someone give me a recommendation for a device? Im looking for a device with a economic price, that can handle at least medium graphics in 21.1. Any type of device. Thank you! :)

2 Likes

I have an iPhone 8 Plus - Not too expensive and can handle max graphics pretty easily - tried and tested with 21.1 very little lag (sometimes even none) :)

1 Like

The iPad 8th Gen is a high performance, very affordable device. I would highly recommend it.

3 Likes

I am currently using an iPad 8 generation. Works really well on high graphics and does not run slow. I do recommend keeping the limit frame rate to 30 FPS so it does not over heat. However any device with an A12 Bionic chip or higher is perfect for 21.1 (so basically any recent iPad).

3 Likes

You can use this to refer yourself. But make sure that you get a device which has a 64bit core and OS.
Well @Kirito_77 the man himself said better down below

2 Likes

Hi @DIEGO11 ,

First off, if I can, a little shameless plug, I’d like to steer you to the device compatibility thread. It’s currently a little out of date, but I am working to have it up to 21.1 standards:

Secondly, as nobody has thought to ask, do you have any particular preference on device? Do you want a phone or tablet? Do you want Android or iOS? Do you plan to use it for more than just Infinite Flight?

And most importantly, in your native currency, what is your budget?

5 Likes

Hello, im looking a device only for IF, the problem is that i dont want to get a expensive device. Im looking for a tablet/ipad specifically

Do you have a specific budget in mind, and also would you consider buying second hand?

1 Like

For reference - a baseline brand new 32GB 8th Gen iPad retails for £329/US$465.

2 Likes

500dlls, and i want a new one

1 Like

I’m guessing dlls is dollars?

1 Like

Yes, how IF runs in ipad 8th gen? Whats your graphics settings?

1 Like

See reply above as to the performance on the 8th Gen iPad.

3 Likes

I’ve set mine to all high. Does not overheat with limit frame rate set to 30fps. Also a brand new iPad 8 gen ordered from Apple’s official website is about $485 usd. So good news it’s under your budget.

3 Likes

If we are talking 500 dollars and brand new, you have plenty of choice.

On the Android front, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 and S6 lite are both fantastic devices, They have excellent screens, great performance and are both reasonably priced. The Tab S7 may be just outside of budget, but would be well worth the extra if you save up.

If you want to go with Apple, as mentioned above the iPad 8th gen will also perform exceptionally well if you are looking for that kind of device. You can also buy the 7th gen iPad and the latest iPad mini within your budget, both of which also perform very well currently.

2 Likes

I would like to offer some personal advice based on experience.

The baseline 8th Gen iPad only has 32GB. Now that is enough to run IF by itself (I haven’t had my storage amount taken up by IF go above 15GB).

However, if you are going to be taking a fair number of replay photos, if you are willing to spend the extra $100 or so - I would recommend getting the 128GB version so you don’t run the risk of running low/out of storage.

(For example at the moment on my iPad Pro, IF + replay photos take up about 40GB - but I take a lot, and I mean a lot of photos, and then edit them which increases the storage amount further)

1 Like

Thank you, you have more info about android tablets that can run if well with my budget?

Thanks, thats what i dont like about the ipad, low storage and you need to pay a lot for 128gb :/

1 Like

Fair enough. In my opinion, its worth not having your IF crash all the time if you run out of storage.

Sometimes, when getting a new device, planning ahead is a good idea. I bought a new MacBook Pro back in 2016 (the baseline 256GB model) but between school and video/photo work I ran out of storage late last year.

I had to upgrade much earlier than planned this year and this time I made sure I had enough storage that would get me through the new few years.

2 Likes

The only Android tablets I can really recommend are the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6, S6 Lite and Tab S7.

However, I will also mention the Lenovo P11 Pro, which is an excellent value mid range tablet. Sadly there really aren’t any good Android tablets anymore, which is part of the reason I still use a 6 year old Pixel C.

If you really want the absolute best performance, I would go with the 8th gen iPad, but you will be sacrificing in storage and screen quality.

I would look at the Tab S6, and also the Tab S7. That’s what I would go for if I was in the market for a new one.

3 Likes