Longest flight with my IPad 2018 [APP CRASHED]

Hey everybody, I am planning on doing my longest flight ever right now in the 789 from EGLL to YSSY. This flight will be some 9,600 nm.

Could this damage my Ipad in anyway? My iPad seems to regulate its own brightness and has never gotten even a little hot in the past but I have only ever done 4-5 hour flights, I just want to getsome advice with anybody familiar with this device and ultra long hauls.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t imagine so. I do really long long hauls all the time and my Ipad is fine just in cruise put volume to mute and brightness all the way and you should be fine.

3 Likes

Well I could do it on my S7 instead, I run off of hotspot, anybody know how far 4gb of hotspot will get me? ☺

I did this flight but in an A380

1 Like

Having done many flights with my already 4 year old Air 2 since global came out, pretty much 20 hours a day or nonstop at some points I can say it still works like clockwork

2 Likes

That’s really great to hear, @Chatta290! Thanks for that, also do you turn graphics to low on long hauls?

1 Like

No I make sure limit frame rate is on and low power mode then dim the brightness myself to conserve battery once I reach cruise. All settings on max.

1 Like

Wowwww, iPads are powerful then. Do you know how much data infinite flight uses?

In terms of mobile data no. IF though is just under 7GB if that’s what you mean.

1 Like

Oh ok. I use hotspot as my wifi so I just didn’t want to run out on a 19 hour flight. I only have 4 or 5 GB left.

1 Like

You should be good. I believe IF uses around 100MB for each hour.

1 Like

When do you plan to depart and on what server?

1 Like

I just departed on the expert server ☺

What is your callsign?

It is N603QX 😊

1 Like

Found you, hope to see you tomorrow! Safe and happy travels!

2 Likes

Thank you very much, it will be a fun experiance on my two days off 😊. I look forward to seeing you too!

If I wake up in a mountain, that’s ok. Training server isent so bad 😊

1 Like

@757fan may I ask what program you used to find me?

These aren’t the same, right?

I used liveflightapp.com.

2 Likes

Welp guys, my flight just crashed. That is very dissapointing.