Longest flight a TBM can do

Heya… first I’d like to say the TBM is sooo good but what is the longest flight/range it can do??:)

5 Likes

Let find out…and GO!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/K8Nxqo93VJioWESQ7

22 Likes

I believe the TBM can stay in the air for a solid 4-5 hours (under normal circumstances), but I’m not sure about any duration longer than that.

5 Likes

Well according to the max. Fuel you can put it its 5hrs. But if you get a nice tailwind and cruising at a good speed probably 6 or 6.30mins I think is max time

2 Likes

That is a lot longer than I thought! Thankyou:)

1 Like

Wikipedia has its range at about 1700nm

3 Likes

I’m riding the jetstream the whole way. We’ll see where the fuel sits when I get to UK airspace. Fuel range is right on target with remaining distance and only 1:15 into the flight. I expect tailwinds to reach over 100mph for the last half of the flight. I might be able to make it all the way to Paris or Amsterdam.

3 Likes

good Luck😉

You could try this one. Its longer than crossing the Atlantic. But you will need optimum wind conditions to make it across the Pacific. Levet and I did this one and barely made it. 2094nm

51%20PM

19 Likes

St. Johns (CYYT) to Glasgow Prestwick (EGPK). 6+ hours flight time, and I guess I managed the fuel alright…2 lbs left.

12 Likes

2 pounds of fuel can get you places! 😂😂

3 Likes

Yea I figured that it would be between 6-6.30 hrs because of winds going that way. Even though it’s only suppose to have 5 hours of fuel

2 Likes

Well, looks like my route I have planned for my stretching the range should work for the TBM

2 Likes

It would be best to use Daher Socata’s website, as Wikipedia can be accessed by anyone and information can still be changed by anyone, so I wouldn’t count it as a reliable source.

1 Like

Can someone help me out in the time it would take to fly a certain route?

1 Like

Aviapages.com might help. You can calculate time based on a tbm850. Seems right to me but have not compared their calculation with an actual IF flight.

2 Likes

I recommend downloading the app below. It is very helpful!

4 Likes

I did a 5 hour flight from LFBT (Torbes France, which is the manufacturing plant of the TBM) to BIKF non stop. Needed full fuel and barely made it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.