Long Layovers

So i’m going on a trip with my dad for my 18th birthday this year in September. He gave me a choice of either giving me money towards my pc or we could fly out of LAX (home airport) and fly to another airport i’ve been wanting to go to. Of course i picked the second one. The dates were going is September 29th - October 1st. Had to be a domestic flight too. What are some cool airports in the US that are unique and good for layover’s? Im wanting to have a maximum of 3 layovers if possible. Lemme know what you guys think and where i can search for this.

3 Likes

Honolulu is certainly a unique one. Not sure how it is as a layover given how far out of the way it is, but its open-air concept (in some areas, at least) is pretty cool and makes for easy spotting if that’s your thing. Plus, who doesn’t want to go to Hawaii?

I’m not sure if it is the only Hawaiian airport with that concept but it’s the only one I’ve been to.

Not entirely sure what defines “good for layovers” in your book as many people are different, but that’s my 2 cents.

1 Like

Why not go to Guam? That is, unless, having a passport is an issue. It’s technically domestic and allows you to explore somewhere off the beaten track. Could fly via Honolulu…

But if the passports the issue, I’d suggest Alaska. Go to Barrow. Could be quite cool too.

But as is mentioned above, everyone’s travel tastes are completely different, so have a look and choose something for you!

6 Likes

Guam is a US territory so no Passport

I would suggest Eugene, Colorado. Houston, Texas.

2 Likes

I recommend flying up to Duluth, Minnesota, via either Minneapolis, Phoenix, Fort Myers, or Chicago. It’s a gorgeous approach, which takes you right over Lake Superior and the forests of Northern Minnesota.

2 Likes

Another one is Rhinelander, Wisconsin American Eagle flies there from Chicago

1 Like

Beautiful town. I grew up there when I was younger.

100% KPDX best airport in the country

1 Like

US Citizens are required to have a passport to enter Guam

1 Like

I’d have thought that too, but it seems as though a passport is required for US Citizens.

VisitGuam Website

Oop, I got beaten too it. Thanks, Altaria.

You can drop by MFR! (I totally don’t live nearby so totally not biased at all)

We got connections to many major cities on this side of the US, including directly to/from LAX which is departing right now as I type

It has a very cool valley approach, which is very scenic imo and isn’t just straight in. We also got an overview of the airport, makes it easy to get a close view of the aircraft

1 Like

KAHULUI KAHULUI! Hana is amazing, and depending if you want more city, go Honolulu, more country? maui.

1 Like

Definitely layover in Minneapolis—or just visit here too

2 Likes

Key West or New Orleans maybe?

1 Like

Ooo… What about somewhere in Colorado with a scenic and wild approach, like Aspen or Eagle/Vail.

1 Like

Phoenix Arizona, Sky Harbor- Detroit Metro airport-DCA Ronald Reagan National.

1 Like

Sky Harbor (Cool Scenery)
Detroit Metro (Cool airport)
DCA Ronald Regan (Awesome approach.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.