Long-hauls in Expert Server and ATC

Hi everyone! I am not one to frequent the ATC side of IF, but I have a quick question. I fly overnight long-hauls almost religiously every single night. I mostly do this on Casual Server because I am terrified of getting a violation in Expert Server while I’m in the middle of sleeping. I have done some reaserch here in the IFC and have seen some post that say that you will be tagged as “away” to anyone controlling an active ATC airspace if you haven’t been close to your device in some time. Is this really true or should I be worried about getting violations?

You don’t need to be worried, if you are away from your device at cruise ATC has been instructed to assume any accidents as unintentional.

1 Like

Great! Thank you very much for the information! It’s greatly appreciated!

1 Like

No worries, enjoy those long hauls!

1 Like

ATC will know if you’re away from your device, they won’t bother you. Plus it’s rare to have active centre frequency during the flight, you are good to leave your device all the night!

1 Like

That gives me relief! Tank you for the information, it’s really appreciated!

1 Like

Just make sure not to turn on VNAV when you are away as then if you get below 10000ft you can a speed violation.
And also if you enter the enter airport radar being away you most likely will be disconnected if you are a trouble to other pilots. If not we will never disturb you. ))

If you want to fly long-haul flights on the Expert server, you can let ATC know that you are not near your device. While cruising, only the FIR (center) can provide control for you. As long as you do not affect the safety of other aircraft, you will not receive any violations. I hope my answer can help you.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.