Long haul without wifi

Hey there

My parents don’t let me do ultra long haul flights but they tell i can do it without wifi, so wanted to ask if i turn off my wifi and let the flight there and then when I am reaching the internet is turn in will it be there or will the game put me in ghost mode?
(At night flights)

Thank you

1 Like

You can’t fly long without wifi you’ll get disconnected entirely, as the scenery is streamed to your device, and without wifi it can’t be streamed, longest i’ve gone without wifi was like 25-30 minutes so short answer no, you can’t do any flights without wifi

5 Likes

Dear Mom And Dad

Infinite flight does not work when offline, the senery will not load. you need to be on wifi do to a flight. and no, you can not pause infinite flight when flying online

You need wifi

9 Likes

Thank you guys

1 Like

The fact is is if you have cellular data I can understand that but wifi is not charged in min. or however you get your cellular. It is like a monthly thing. Unless your on a plan I have never heard of. I cant understand your parents reasoning but they do things that we would never think of some times. ;)

1 Like

Some cheaper WiFi has a limit and is charged daily. It’s somewhat understandable since IF is data hungry.

2 Likes

My wifi its not cheap, but were i live its expensive thats why and plus it depends on the speed of the wifi and my wifi is fast but it also cost more that why my parents turn off the internet on nights.

1 Like

Why dont you do Long hauls in the day then it may not be the same but it could work
That way the wifi can be off at night and you can still long haul.

Hopefully you and your parents both get a good part in the deal

1 Like

Correct me if i’m wrong… based on my knowledge this is possible I believe… all you have to do is to join multiplayer after that you could simply turn off your wifi. Your flight will still continue but your connection to the server will be gone!

1 Like

Your flight will continue, but your flight time and XP won’t count once you’re offline, and you won’t be able to see other planes.

1 Like

Partly true. Yes, after losing internet connection your flight will continue for some time but after a while, the app will stop functioning properly. Namely, the scenery would not load and the app may crash altogether since it’s not made to be used offline. As folks pointed out previously, you will need a WiFi connection to use Infinite Flight.

4 Likes

But then before landing I will turn on the internet.?

A constant connection to the internet, regardless how it is delivered, is required.

2 Likes

I have done two long haul flights without wifi so i think you can do it

1 Like

Ok, and the xp and flight time count?

yes it did even landing

1 Like

I think the confusion is in your wording. Saying “I dont want to use wifi” means to most people “Oh you are going to use cellular” which is fine.

You need to have a connection to the internet for the full flight. Period.

1 Like

Ok, thank you

honestly I don’t even think IF uses that much wifi. So it’s not going to affect ur wifi usage that much

1 Like