Long haul question

hello has anyone done a long haul flight from singapore to newark on an apple device? if so what was your graphic settings at?

5 Likes

I’ve done the opposite, Newark to Singapore, on my iPhone 7. This was after the A350 update, with the A350-900. I used minimum graphics settings with no airplane count to assure that the app did not crash. However, on a more powerful apple device, you could probably have airplane count to low or medium and be fine.

When the memory leak issue is fixed (and before it), I used to do long hauls at max graphics and high airplane count, even on the iPhone 7.

TL;DR: minimum settings, no airplane count worked for me

5 Likes

ok I tried the flight from SIN-EWR and it crashed with in 45 mins of arrival. that makes sense about the airplane count to turn it off as it is a busy day in new york area. the flight time when it crashed was at 15:48 but I completed a flight yesterday and that flight time was 16:01

and before the update I always used to do long haul flights with max graphics with no problem

3 Likes

I’ve done it, but on IOS 12. All settings low, and the screen pointed to the sky.
Also, turning airport names off helps too.

3 Likes

Oh I see my airport names are always off from being realistic reasons

2 Likes

I have a iPhone 6s

I use
HUD time-out: 5 seconds
Low power mode on
App’s low power mode on
Graphics low for everything
Antianalyzing off
Time set to night
The camera view set to the ground
Low brightness
No sound
Keep phone plugged in
Remove your case if you have one
Run flight in a colder room temperature environment (stops device from lagging)

3 Likes

I use infinite flight on an iPad Air 3 and the graphics are high and no problems

3 Likes

how long of flights are you doing?

2 Likes

@TylerShah longest I’ve done is 12hrs but planning to do 16hr tommorow

1 Like

Are you planning on using the A359? I’ve only ever had an app crash on my iPad with the 350.

1 Like

@TylerShah around 12 - 15 hours

1 Like

I use a IPad Pro so I keep everything the same and it works use scenic view

1 Like

It can be so random, I use an IPhone 6s that’s 4 years old and it has crashed on flights of 11 hours from Philadelphia to Doha, and on a 14 hour flight from Hong Kong to New York. But it also survived the loooong 17 hour flight between Perth and London

1 Like

Hi, if you use iPhone 8 for IF it’s borders line for graphic, example I have iPhone X and i can run really nice and high for every setting. The best tip that I can give you is, lower the aircraft shown I live at the approach. IF programmer are working on that to maximize those settings. Have a nice flight !

1 Like

Me i use IPhone X and I put airplane show to Medium when the airport is really busy like JFK today, and high when it’s normal.

2 Likes

I use iPhone XR, i use the highest settings for them and have Low Power Mode on. That’s all and also just kept the phone charging

2 Likes

I have had it crashed with all long haul aircraft

1 Like

That’s strange. Was it an app crash or like an AOA failure?

this is what I do for longer flight ! the graphic and count don’t seem to affect the flight

I have done this route with an IPad Pro, I used when taking of and when landing max graphics and airplane count, anti aliasing on and limit frame rate off, during cruise I used low graphics off anti aliasing and on limit frame rate, keeping airplane count very high… and that worked, so good luck for ur flight