Long Haul Problem

Hello IFC!
I am going to be doing a long haul flight soon. It’s a 10 hour flight from Canada to Europe. I was just wondering if a Samsung Galaxy A5 would handle it. The only problem is that I use a yoke. The yoke uses a lot of energy. I am not able to put it on a charger well the yoke is plugged in. If I unplug the yoke it would not work when I plug it back in. Can anyone please help?

Thank You
IFS

Well unfortunately if you can’t charge your device while the yoke is plugged in, you won’t be able to use it for this long haul. Infinite flight does burn a lot of battery, and you wouldn’t want your phone to run out of battery mid flight. Make sure you set graphics to low, and enable low power mode during cruise. It maybe possible with then that’d you could complete the flight, but I wouldn’t risk it.

It will not last in my opinion if that is your issue.

Ok. Then do you know a way to do long hauls with a yoke?

No I don’t sadly, as I don’t use a yoke. Any type of yoke where you can charge your device simultaneously should be fine. But I’m just not sure you could make a 10 hour flight without charging you device, however you can try.

Ok. Thanks for your help

• IFS
1 Like

You could try looking for a 2-in-1 adapter for your Samsung. It would expand your single charging port into two separate ‘charging ports’ where you can plug in both your charger and your yoke. The only problem is, I don’t know if there even is a 2-in-1 adapter for an A5, and I don’t know if it would support a yoke. Using a 2-in-1 might get laggy after a bit. However, nothing is proven so it just might work.

1 Like

Sadly there is no way to possibly plug in a yoke and charge a phone at the same time. However you can plug in a two connecter adapter. However with both of these plugged into your phone your phone may get unexpectedly hot and damage your battery.

Ok. I’ll try it

just unplug the yoke when flying and plug it back in before landing

Ok. I’ll try unplugging the yoke after takeoff and put it on the charger.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.