Long haul issue/app crashes

Hello I’m not sure I’m the only one having this issue, but every single one of my flight in the past 2weeks have all ended randomly right before I could land.
They were all long haul flights, and even a short trip.
And yes I have reset my iPad numerous times, and checked the network settings
Is there any way this can be looked into, and also can I be compensated for the landings at least??? Those were a lot of hours put in.

Have you tried this?

• Texture Resolution: Low
  • Anti Aliasing: Off
  • Live Aircraft Count: Low to None, None especially on Final.
  • Rendering resolution: Low

They are aware of this and it’s looked into.

Your XP and flight time should be counted up until crash. I don’t think there is a way to compensate landings.

1 Like

Hi there!

I have also had issues with long-haul flights causing the IF app to crash (sometimes just an hour away from touchdown). I have been following the same steps that @Andre_S has recommended for probably 100 LH flights. But for the past few days, these steps haven’t been working for me personally. It could be a result of my use of IF Assistant for LH flights in order to do step climbing. @Khail88, have you been using IF assistant too? If so, that could be the root cause.

2 Likes

Please check above with tips and tricks

1 Like

I have been using both IF assistant and IF operations running in the background for ULHs (14+ hour flights) and I’ve never had this issue. Please check the above link for tips on how to maximize device performance and follow them carefully. Hope this helps 😁

1 Like

What device are you using for IF?

This is also a known issue with Apple/iOS and some app data leakage. Again, please check the above linked thread for more tips!

1 Like

Same. my 13 hour flight crashed last week… I was just a few NM from touchdown :(

I use an iPad Pro 12.9 inch 1st gen

1 Like

Graphics and airplane count is the key here. Follow advice in support FAQ.

1 Like

Hello!

To some of you mentioning experiencing this yourself, I strongly recommend you read the topic that says “Please read this before posting”. It’s pinned in the top of this category.

At this time, there is no solution. Only steps that may reduce the risk of a crash occurring.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience this causes!

3 Likes