Long Haul Flights With An iPad

Hello everyone i was planing a flight from: KMIA to GCLP.
But i wonder if the iPad will cope with flying for 6 hours overnight with charge?
I use IPad WiFi.
iOS 12.1.3

Anyway thanks for helping

Yes if you put your iPad on charge you can do this I have done a 15hr flight on the same model

1 Like

Well, depends on what iPad it is and what the specs are. Most modern devices can handle it. Just put it on low brightness, and you should be good.

1 Like

It’ll handle that easily. I do 18hour+ flights on my Ipad.

1 Like

I use IPad WiFi.

iPad specs, not WiFi source. What is the make and model?

1 Like

The modell is WiFi: https://goo.gl/images/5qJNGC

Then yes it should be great for the medium haul flight you are planning.

1 Like

So not long houls?

Yes, it most likely can handle Long and Ultra Long Hauls aswell.

1 Like

Yes, but your planned flight (6 hours) is still in the medium haul zone. Long haul is 9 hours +

1 Like

Thank you i thought 6 hours was long houl but thanks for helping me!

1 Like

Yea I do long hauls on my iPad 13+ hours, just using WiFi all the time. I do a hard restart on my device, close out all apps running in the background, and do a reset the RAM. And my device keeps up

1 Like

Also make sure to put your sound and brightness to off/0.

Another tip is to set your time to night, dark will use less battery.

2 Likes

Yes the iPad is perfectly fine, turn on limit frame rate and enable automatic low power mode on IF. Turn the brightness down on your device once at cruise aswell to save battery. I have flown for 70 hours + before so long hauls are no issue. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.

1 Like

I have no ipad, but with my samsung tab 4 I do flight from until 20hrs is just leave in charge

1 Like

I’ve done almost 40 hours continuously, and my IPad is, well fine given that I’m sending this from it…

EDIT: well actually the IPad I did that on isn’t fine, I dropped it down the stairs, but the flight didn’t hurt it… 😂

2 Likes

Your IPad will be absolutely fine with the long hauls just make sure it’s plugged. It may get a bit hot but that is normal for long hauls.

1 Like

Any long haul… just leave your iPad plugged in! My opinion! ✌🏼

1 Like

Thanks for your tip.

BTW her is the flight: Miami to Las Palmas