Long Haul Flights then the app crash

So I was doing a long haul flight from Shanghai Pudong, China to London Heathrow. I was able to land at London Heathrow but I did notice some lag when taxing, then once I got to the gate, the app crashed. I did get the hours for my profile but It did not log it into the log book. I knew something like this would happen so I put airplane count low and graphics low and I also went to the Casual server where there is the least amount of people flying and anti-alis or aligning something like that off… what else do I do even if I resart my iPhone and delete background app? Like I know that the log book hours aren’t the best to keep hours of flight and the acutal hours is in the social account but it would of been nice to see it. I am using an iPhone 6 with only 16gb and it is running iOS 11. Thanks for the help everyone ! :)

6 Likes

You’ve stated you have an iPhone, which model of iPhone do you have?

Hi friend, can you please provide enough information(like device specifications etc…) to enable fellow community members to assist you.

see below:

Thank you, good day.

1 Like

Specs are… ios11 and iPhone 6, 16gb

3 Likes

Just had the same issue on my 6 plus…

woke up 40 minute out of jfk from dxb and went to check flight plan and the app froze for a solid 3 minutes. went to click on the home button as before this has allowed me to go to the home screen and then back into the app (without crashing) and it had restarted infinite flight (put me in the menus).

Disappointing to say the least, all my settings were the lowest it could go. Have considered buying another device with better performance than the 6 but have heard other users are experiencing the same issues.

Hopefully more stability updates will be coming out to improve these issues.

4 Likes

This happened to me on my flight from BOS-LHR On my iPad Air 2. One week later I did a flight from BOS-DXB, and I reduced the graphics, and it did not crash.

1 Like

Remember to use low power mode while cruising.
And I am talking about the low power mode you can enable in the game settings and not the low power mode you can enable in phone settings.

1 Like

My settings were on the lowest. Had low power mode on and also had time set to night.
My app only ever freezes/crashes when I either set up my flight plan or come into land. It seems my device can’t handle all of the different things going on at once.

I was thinking it was maybe because my device has 1gb ram or because of the age of the device lowering performance?

2 Likes

Might be because your device is getting old.

1 Like

This is a known bug and the moderators said they are working to fix it

Happened to me yesterday. I was flying from Vancouver to London Heathrow. I was just over the runway on final (still in the air) and then the app crashed. I was on an iPad Air 1 using IOS10.

Nothing to do with device age @Limey. I’m using an older device and it works perfectly on max settings. Ensure you restart your device before opening Infinite flight to keep your device fresh.

@anon64944289

1 Like

I did have the low power mode on, but it still crashed. Also the low power mode would disable by it’s self, I would see it up on the info bar, what do I do then?

In my game, I had to turn the rendering quality to low to reduce the chance of lag. The way to change it is to go to Settings>Graphics>Rendering Quality>Low

Make sure you’ve done the obvious things:

1. Reloaded App
  2. Restart Phone
  3. Clear Space (not as obvious)
  4. Brightness down.
  5. Redownload App.

If these things don’t work, it might be fixed in the next update.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Below are some basic steps taken that may help resolve the issue:

• Keep as much unused internal device memory (RAM) available. 1GB is the recommended amount
  • Always close other apps before opening Infinite Flight
  • Keep your device fresh by completely restarting device power occasionally
  • Disable active add or message blocking apps
  • Don’t install unapproved apps
  • Don’t modify, “Root”, or “Jailbreak” your device
  • Don’t install IAP unlocking apps
  • Ensure Text to Speech (TTS) is enabled on Android devices
  • Use a strong WiFi network within a relatively close proximity to your device
  • Unplug your modem and WiFi router for about 30 seconds, then plug them back in if online “lag” occurs
  • Disable Anti-Aliasing
  • Lower Infinite Flight graphics and performance settings
1 Like

I’ve tried everything to fix the app crashes clear the ram, restart my device. I’ve even did a factory reset everything and according to the devs my device should work fine on global. What exactly happens is that the app will start to freeze during the flight. Multiple times, once you see thats happening I know it’s gonna crash. Person with the latest version of IOS and iPad have been experiencing this issue so I know it’s not the devices. It as to be some deal with the app that once you’re doing a long haul it just decide to stop working. I cant do nothing pass 12hrs without the app crashing

1 Like

Maybr you could restart your device twice, and it will work? Or reinstall IF. It worked for me.

Maybe because slightly older iPads can’t handle iOS 10 and 11 that well…

I don’t think Apple would roll out software on devices that don’t run it well.

1 Like