Long Haul Flights - Eastern American States

Hi IFC, as many of you would know this week’s ATC schedule has been posted and the first destinations to be staffed are the Eastern US States - Memphis* (KMEM), Burlington (KBTV), Portland-ME (KPWM), Syracuse (KSYR), Indianapolis* (KIND), Bradley (KBDL), Harrisburg (KMDT), Greensboro (KGSO), Columbus-Rickenbacker (KLCK). The featured airline for this schedule is FedEx. I recently did a FedEx flight with an MD11-F and I would like to fly with a different airline, as I enjoy switching up my flights. I do like to keep things realistic so if anyone could reply with real word, long haul (9+ hour), international flights (preferably commercial), that are not served by FedEx, to or from the listed airports above that would be really helpful.

I don’t know any off the top of my head unfortunately but you can always fly the Omni B777 as they are a charter airline and do flights around the globe.

1 Like

Thanks for replying I’ve actually had my eye on Omni so I may give that a try. Since they are charter this means I can fly from any destination to one of these airports, for example Memphis. Is this correct?

That’s right. They serve almost any flight or destination. They are known for transferring military soldiers especially.

1 Like

I couldn’t find any on FR24, you can always do KMEM to somewhere in Asia like Seoul, Tokyo or Hong Kong with FedEx 777-200F, unfortunately Memphis isn’t known for its long haul passenger services

1 Like

That’s interesting, I’ll definitely consider this for tonight’s long haul flight. Thanks :)

1 Like

Monday is supposed to be more of a domestic day. Like @Aero said above you can always fly to Asia or Europe.

1 Like

When Northwest was a thing we had KLM flights from Amsterdam as well with NWA

1 Like

I mean, there’s Delta’s Indianapolis to Paris flight, but it’s around 8 hours.

I think if you do Paris to IND, you’ll face headwinds and that may bump it up to 9 hours?

1 Like

I just looked up flights into KLCK, and I noticed Emirates are operating a 777-300ER there from Dubai, its about a 14 hour flight if thats not too long, it would be a very nice scenic flight :)

1 Like

Thank you! What aircraft serves this route?

Thanks! Definitely not too long, 14 hours is perfect because then I’m not deprived of sleep like most of the time when I do long hauls during the night. 😂

Happy I could help 😂

1 Like

Boeing 767-300

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.