Long haul flight overnight

Hey. Due to my shift pattern and long hours, I have started flying over night to build up my hours and experience. My current route has me taking off from Heathrow around 10:15pm (normally 27L) and head off towards Tokyo. Which, once I overfly I am on route to wellington before a sharp right and into Hobart. This flight takes about 22 hours for the outward leg and about 24 for the return. This is just at the maximum I can squeeze out of the 777-200LR (Although I have once run out of fuel about 20 miles outside of Hobart and somehow still managed to glide it to the airport with a 90* turn to base. Possibly my proudest infinite flight moment)

Do people consider this cheating to gain experience or am I not alone in doing this. I still make many short haul during my off shift, so not all bad.

I wouldn’t call overflying your destination as “cheating” - we’ve all done it before - its pretty easy to do if you misjudge winds, etc…

I’m not overflying my destination, it’s just a waypoint

4 Likes

Still wouldn’t consider it cheating - there are a number of us who do ultra-long-haul flights because that’s all that we can fit into our schedules.

1 Like

Not at all, most of my long haul flights are overnight. What else would you do, stare at your phone for 10 hours while the autopilot flies the plane lol

1 Like

I would say when it came to building XP, I tended to think “pirate” as much as “pilot.”

I was out for treasure.

So, I think you have good company:)

Also, your

after gliding it in after a super long haul. I can relate to that.

1 Like

There is no cheating to gain experience on here. I know of a few people that have done over 70 hours in a single flight

You called?

2 Likes

And to answer your question, no that is absolutely not cheating. IF even allows you to take 3 devices, put them on separate servers, and gain flight hours for the same account across 3 servers. They don’t even consider that to be cheating.

1 Like

I do long haul flights during school or overnight

1 Like

Wha on Earth stays up that long

Check this out 91 Hours 28 Minutes Nonstop - An Infinite Flight Record

2 Likes

Holy mother of…………

lol more of a testing ground to push the limits of what’s possible than gather any practical info, I did that flight right before I traded that device in

1 Like

I am 100% in awe

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.