Long Flight Coming

So I always fly 12 hour routes but now I am going to fly from London Heathrow to Auckland New with a hour stop in Hong Kong for refueling Zealand. It’s about 23 hours of flight any suggestions and what is you’re longest flight and how was it. Do youguys also know of an app that you can calculate you’re time off departure and arrival that is free.

1 Like

You can use fpltoif.com to get flight times.

3 Likes

Use Simbrief/FPLtoIF to create your flight plan, it will give you your flight time, waypoints, and even fuel :)

1 Like

good luck. make sure you keep rendering on low and keep your phone on a surface where it can have enough air circulation. If you count stop overs, I once performed a 44 hour flight. Started at JFK and stopped at EGLL, OMBD, vHHH, YSSY,KLAX, and finally back into JFK.

3 Likes

My longest was 19 hours non stop(KJFK-YSSY) As far as calculation arrival time, i just use the clock app on my phone.

2 Likes

mine is SSY-ATL and I just loom at the ETE

1 Like

Mine was WSSS-KEWR in the Singapore A359. It took me nearly 21 hours (major head winds)

2 Likes

Best of luck, have a nice flight!

2 Likes

I have attempted this flight in the past. I recommend taking off at 22:00-23:00 London time (21:00-22:000Z), and since the flight is nonstop 19 hours in a B77W, you should arrive around 0600 hours in Auckland. Now, I did this in the southern summer season, so I was greeted with a beautiful sunrise on approach, however, due to the southern winter season right now, you will mostly be landing in the night if you follow those times.

You can simply add the extra 5-6 hours for your planned stopped in VHHH.

Hope this helps and safe flying! 😄

As far as my longest flight goes, it’s currently at 22 hours and 49 minutes from SCEL-VHHH in a LATAM A359

1 Like

One thing you may want to do is wait for the update which should be here in the coming months probably sooner but I don’t wanna speculate. Then you won’t throw your device at the wall when you realize that IF crashed and that flight was a complete waste of time. Either way, good luck with your flight! If you complete it, you should share pics in the #screenshots-and-videos category, I’d love to see them!

1 Like

You could actually nonstop using A350, 767 (ol), maybe 77L or even 787 (787 need good winds)

I’ve done NZAA-EGLL, WSSS-SEQM and SBGL-RCTP before. Fun times

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the support really appreciate it so much I’m gonne keep my lighting on low the 777 is very nice on long hauls I figured it needs a lot of spoilers on decent for keeping speed down. Thanks for all the help IF Family 😊

My longest flight was EGLL-YSSY 19h in a B788

1 Like

KJFK-YSSY-KJFK ~28hrs

My longest flight was, and still is, BA 01 (A318) non-stop from LCY to JFK.

1 Like

did you do LCY-EINN-KJFK?

Do you fo that on a non stop route.

Yeah i did

No, I did it direct, as I was in university.

i am currently doing LGAV - WSSS, it is an 11h flight, but right at the start i had a tailwind of 54 knots, so it will be a 9h:44 min flight