Long Distance Shots

I posted something like this yesterday, and it got some positive attention. So I thought that I would do another one. Here are some planes flying over my house. Most, if not all out of KPDX or KSEA. Weird weather here, so some of the cooler planes were hidden behind the clouds early on, but later, it got super sunny, so I couldn’t see any of them. Quick question too. Why do planes sometimes fly with contrails, and sometimes don’t? They usually have them at this time of day, but none had them today. Which is part of what made them pretty hard to see. Thanks & Enjoy!

For the first one, a blurry Delta B737-900ER coming in from Minneapolis to Portland. A weird route that this one took. Went over me at or around 9000’. Callsign is N913DU

For number two, we have a pretty far away Alaska/Horizon Air Embraer E175LR on its way from Seattle to Orange County. Passed over me at or around 30000’. Callsign is N624QX

Oh and this one. Way up there in the flight levels at, wait for it, 700’! They departed from The Dalles in a Cessna 172M Skyhawk, and made their way over here to do some pattern work in Hood River before landing in, (according to FL24), a Boeing 737-900. Don’t know how that happened. Callsign is N5128R

Our last one for today is a UPS Boeing 767-34AF(ER). They departed from Portland, and are making the trek all the way to Louisville. Flew above me at 23000’. Can’t think of any reason why they would be going so low, because they were there for a while. Callsign is N302UP

Sorry for the grainy shots everyone, I think it’s understandable why though. Since all the planes were pretty hard to see, I missed a couple ones, that would have been pretty nice shots. Some that I missed were a:

• Prime Air B767 - N307AZ
  • Special(ish) Livery Alaska Airlines B737 - N538AS
  • FedEx B777 (coming all the way from Hong Kong) - N897FD
  • Alaska/Horizon Air Embraer E175LR - N624QX
    And a couple of more. Hopefully I get some cool ones tomorrow, if I do, I will share. Hope you enjoy!
16 Likes

Hi Ashton!

I unfortunately dont believe that some of these photos are allowed due to the quality although i think the 3rd should stay as its a great photo!

https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/about-the-spotting-category/163696/3

3 Likes

@ItsBlitz Why does everyone think there are requirements! There are none all these great! photos can stay! Great job! @PDX_Flyer Very Impressive!

5 Likes

I also think they are great! It’s just that they ask for you to view your photos and make sure they are good quality photos and not too pixelated for the best viewing experience.

2 Likes

That is true but there is no reason to take these down I have seen much worst than these when it comes to being grainy just look at any of mine. All I’m saying is that there is no reason to say that. These are really good for planes at 30,000 FT.

3 Likes

They’re at the best quality that they can be at for the distance that they were taken from. Thanks for the compliments!

2 Likes

I admit, they are all great. I relooked. The first is the only one that is grainy.

Again, great photos! High-Altitude spotting is always fun

1 Like

I like the photos! Keep up the work!

1 Like

Thanks! I’m glad that you liked them

Great photos. They are great, especially for the distance. What type of camera do you use?

How did you get that Alaska 737-800 yesterday so good at 36,000 feet but the UPS didn’t come out as good at 26,000?

@Anthony_Williams I use a Canon SX40 HS. Thanks for the compliments! I’m glad you liked them

@Alaska170 There’s a thin layer of clouds today. The UPS was at 26,000’, but pretty far away. When I got the Alaska yesterday, it was at 36,000’, but basically right above me.

There’s a Canon 80D in my future. When I get it, I’ll definitely be playing with it and share some high altitude shots.

1 Like

Hope to see them sometime soon

1 Like

The second one is beautiful. Well done

1 Like

Thanks! I’m glad that you liked them

1 Like

Some unsuccesfull terminal-spotting attemps at Istanbul’s 2nd biggest airport Sabiha Gökçen (SAW-LTFJ)

c

1 Like

One day a friend told me that it doesn’t matter the quality of the photos, what matters is our love for aviation.

Amazing photos @PDX_Flyer and @CaptMuk24!

3 Likes

Agreed. :)

3 Likes

@CaptMuk24 Awesome Photos!
@EdCruz Definitely agree with that.
————————————————————————————————-
I have some more coming tonight.They should be better quality since I edited them a little bit. Also, I got a special livery…

1 Like