London to Tel Aviv in 10 replay screenshots

Shots taken in flight order - 1 departure and 10 arrival.

Excellent ATC at London Heathrow, London, England (LHR: EGLL) made great work of a very busy airspace on the expert server earlier today and we were on our way with no delays, bound for Ben Gurion Airport, Tel Aviv, Israel (TLV: LLBG) on British Airways flight BA167.

This continent crushing Boeing 777-236(ER) is now almost 19 years old and those 2 wonderful Rolls Royce Trent 895 engines are still flexing their muscles and taking this aircraft from airport to airport. A nice, bump free climb to 39,000 feet saw us proceeding over countries along the way including France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Bosnia, Serbia, Turkey and Cyprus before making our descent into Israel. An almost full cabin of passengers were all in good spirits, some heading out on business, some heading home and some off on holiday to explore and have a swim in the dead sea and check out some of the old historical areas as well as some other local adventures.

G-YMMG is now used quite heavily on the London to Delhi routes as well as Shanghai. I flew on this very aircraft in 2016 from London Gatwick to Punta Cana and the cabin was indeed showing its age even back then with most of the decor and fixtures quite worn, but still comfortable and functional. BA has a few of these ageing -200s knocking about and they will hopefully be replacing them with something a bit more modern on these routes. As for this one, it’ll spend the night at TLV and be fresh and ready to head back to Heathrow tomorrow morning at 07:10 on flight BA166.

Flight time: 4 hours 22 minutes.

Good times.

22 Likes

Great pictures mate.

1 Like

Awesome photos!

1 Like

Thanks, a bit of a spontaneous one!

OMG!!! nice pics

2 Likes

Some weeks ago, I made Madrid to Tel Aviv, in the B787 from Air Europa.
It’s an amazing route!

1 Like

Nice photos!

1 Like

BA will eventually fly the A350-1000 on this route later this year

Btw nice photos

1 Like

Wow! Great pics! I love the second one though.

1 Like

GreatShots!

1 Like

I loved the view, good job

1 Like

Nice shots
Been on that route many times

1 Like