London to Hong Kong in 10 replay screenshots

Shots are taken in order of progress 1 departure and 10 arrival. Time of day varied on some to capture the light effects.

We departed London Heathrow (LHR: EGLL) bound for Hong Kong International Airport (HKG: VHHH) on Cathay Pacific flight CX 254. Taking to the skies again in the excellent Boeing 777-300ER, it was a late evening departure and we pushed back from the gate at 22:35 local London time with a scheduled departure of 22:20. No hold ups today as all the passengers had checked in and were inside the gate eagerly awaiting their flight to Hong Kong.

Heathrow was very quiet on the expert server last night, with only a couple of others coming in and out and we were on the way without any hold ups. Preflight checks complete, we fuelled up the tanks and pushed back from the gate, announcing intentions to taxi to runway 27L on the UNICOM system and we crawled the taxiway slowly and lined up. A smooth departure saw us to a cruise of 33,000 feet over Europe, Russia, central Asia, and “The Stans” - Uzbek, Kazak, Turkmen, Kyrgy then over the vast expanse of China and into Hong Kong for a sunrise approach and early morning touchdown. There were few a few other users about the skies today over the course of the journey including a couple of small group flights and some others around Russia and China.

A mix of passengers today including some Hong Kong residents returning home, others visiting friends around the Asian continent, families and business travellers. It was largely event free with no disruption but there was a small incident about halfway through - a screaming baby in seat 48H was disturbing passengers and many were becoming very irate after 2 hours of non stop loud crying. Luckily, the cabin crew were able to provide some distractions and other passengers were finally able to get some sleep once the situation had calmed down.

Many of the those that booked this flight today were were hoping to gain a premium seat for the economy fare that was happening not too long ago with the head office and a glitch in the system whereby a lot of people were being gifted first or business class seats for the standard economy seat price. It didn’t happen this time but of course the crew looked after everybody well and passengers arrived fresh and ready for the day ahead.

Flight time: 11 hours 7 minutes.

Good times.

36 Likes

I flew the same route but the other way around

2 Likes

Amazing shots, top notch 👍

2 Likes

Great pictures!
I love the scenery, might give this route i try myself.

2 Likes

Great shots and scenery

2 Likes

Those photos were amazing

2 Likes

Absolutely stunning views. Love the brightness change in the First picture. Normally it’s invisible during the Night time, but this edit helps it all for us to see. 👍

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, thought two of the pictures were real life shots. The description of the flight is also amazing! Good job!

2 Likes

you must be using ludicrous, can you tell me what device are you using?

1 Like

Yep it’s on ludicrous. iPad Pro 11 inch (2019) :-)

2 Likes

good quality, I really liked the pictures

2 Likes

WoW, It has been a long time ago since I’ve seen such a high quality pic! Outstanding! 😍

1 Like