London to Dallas in 10 replay screenshots

╭─━━━━━━━━━─╮

THE UNITED KINGDOM TO THE UNITED STATES

Hello community members and welcome aboard American Airlines flight AA51 to Dallas. We will shortly be beginning our pushback here at Heathrow terminal 3 and will hopefully be on the way with no delay. That is, when the driver of the pushback truck can be bothered to turn up!

download

Our route today will take us over the vast expanse of the North Atlantic Ocean before finding land nearing southern Canada and Boston as we make our way south west over Indianapolis, St Louis, Arkansas and down into Dallas. Please kick back, enjoy the flight and we will talk soon.

download

BING! Hello again from the flight deck ladies and gentlemen. We will shortly be beginning our descent and the seat belt signs will be turned on. We ask that you return to your seats and stay seated until we have come to a full stop. Weather in Dallas is looking to be about 34 degrees and winds are calm.

Thank you for travelling with us today and we wish you a very pleasant stay and safe onward journey.

download

Good times!

Departure: EGLL (London Heathrow Airport, London, England).
Arrival: KDFW (Dallas Fort Worth International Airport, Texas, America).
Flight time: 9 hours 31 minutes.
Server: Expert.
Editing: Slight changes to contrast and light to bring out the best of what is available - nothing fake added or taken away.

30 Likes

Great screenshots!

1 Like

Nice flight 🙌🏻

1 Like

These are spectacular, especially the 6th and 10th ones!

However, was there a reason behind you landing the 777 with Flaps 5?

1 Like

Cheers! To answer your question, having sampled flaps at various angles on the 77W I find 5 gives the smoothest landing. Personal preference I guess 🛬

1 Like

Wont you be landing at 180 knots or something?

No, about 140 on final and normal speeds on arrival-approach. Keep it smooth, steady, nice angles and use a touch of spoilers when needed - all good. I’ve never used more than 5 🛬

1 Like

140 knots with flaps 5, in theory you should be in/near stall speed

2 Likes

It’s well practised 😎

1 Like