London to Abu Dhabi in 10 replay screenshots

。・: :・゚★,。・: :・゚☆ 。・: :・゚★,。・: :・゚☆。・: :・゚★,。・: :・゚☆ 。・: :・゚★,。・: :・゚☆。・: :・゚★,。・: :・

LONDON HEATHROW TO ABU DHABI

It’s a nice medium route to the UAE from London and “The Whale” is a perfect beast for the rough 6-7 hour journey. Used heavily by Etihad, Emirates and Qatar Airways on this route and a marvel of a plane, it will lamentably be coming to the end of its production life in the next couple of years or so.

Not today though. Oh no. A full house onboard as we departed Heathrow with quite a few pilots about the ground and skies earlier. 27R was our departure runway choice and a step climb to 37/39/41 thousand to maximise fuel consumption. It’s a heavy machine and 4 Engine Alliance GP7270 units need feeding. Flying conditions weren’t too bad today, if not a bit cold and blustery but nothing different to a normal December here in the UK. I posted this route on IFC back in March time but thought it would be nice to squeeze some more out of the scenery and check out some new sights along the way.

We had a variety of passengers from all walks of life and parts of the world onboard - families, business travellers, tourists, gap year travellers and connecting passengers. Of course, we also have the very lucky ones taking this flight in the mind blowing excessive famous Etihad “The Residence” on this huge plane.

I think it’s safe to say that the A380 and its memories will be around for a while. It’s certainly given me real experiences to remember over the years with Emirates and Qatar Airways numerous times on the London - UAE route and also Thai Airways on the longer legged London to Bangkok. It’s a lovely machine to sit or stand in - quiet, smooth and comfortable. It’s had a good innings I think and it’s not just a gimmick - it’s useful, albeit humungous.

The Airbus A380. An icon, a legend. Never forgotten.

Departure: EGLL (London Heathrow).
Arrival: OMAA (Abu Dhabi International Airport).
Flight time: 6 hours 13 minutes.
Server: Expert.

Notes: As always, no hard editing was done to the photos, just some personal preference slight changes to the light and contrast and working with what is available – nothing fake added or taken away.

Good times

。・: :・゚★,。・: :・゚☆ 。・: :・゚★,。・: :・゚☆。・: :・゚★,。・: :・゚☆ 。・: :・゚★,。・: :・゚☆。・: :・゚★,。・: :・

30 Likes

Those are some really beautiful pictures! 😍😍

1 Like

Wow, well written and great pictures!

1 Like

really nice pictures

1 Like

As always, love the description and pictures! The way you do scenery shots is unrivaled, and give beautiful results!

1 Like

For a second I thought you actually flew that route in person. Those pics are THAT realistic looking.

1 Like

Like always, just beautiful!

1 Like

Great pictures as always. The scenery in IF is beautiful and some places, and beautiful in the rest all) .

Really great pictures @Helmethead. What device are you playing from?

1 Like

Thanks mate - it’s an iPad Pro 2019.

1 Like

Wow, Nice pic

1 Like

Completely STUNNING!

1 Like