Good afternoon everyone! I decided to leave my house at 5am yesterday in order to drag myself to Heathrow, hoping to get some sunrise action at Myrtle Avenue. Unfortunately however, upon arrival, I quickly realised that 27R was in use (brilliant planning on my part) so whilst frantically locating a spot for thus runway I missed the sunrise and the majority of heavies which came along with it. Nonetheless, there were still some pretty cool, standard movements which I’ll be showing you all today.
- Starting off strong with G-TTNA, the British Airways A320N painted in the stunning ‘Better World’ livery, inbound on its first flight on the day from Larnaca before heading back out to Funchal.
- A first for me! One of Icelandair’s two 753s inbound from Keflavik, photobombed by a seagull.
- A quick stop at the shops provided me with a new angle, this stunning 763 of BX Air arriving from Cologne before continuing across the pond to O’hare.
- Here’s a very nice Iran Air A332, inbound from Tehran!
- Another stunning livery in my opinion, this Air China A333 inbound after an 11 hour flight from Beijing.
- One of the reasons I went yesterday was to see a relatively new service to Heathrow, this Jet Blue A321N inbound from JFK!
- Nice to see this Iberia A330, coming in from Madrid before returning and then heading off to New York.
- A Qatar Cargo 77L hauling freight from Doha!
- And finally, this Air China 77W sporting the ‘Smiling China’ livery on its way in from Beijing! A great way to finish off the trip.
Feel free to check out my spotting topic from LCY here:
Thank your for reading, expect to see part 2 within the coming weeks.