London Heathrow Community Meet Up

Hey Everyone!

We are happy to announce another Infinite Flight Community meet up! For this event, we’ll head across the pond to London Heathrow, meeting some of our most active community members in Europe and beyond in person. We would love to see you there!

We’ll keep you updated with more details as the time nears. Keep June 15th 2019 free! Hopefully the summer weather will make for a few great photographs. Head to the blog post below for all the details.

For travel information and how to get to Heathrow, aircraft excluded, head to https://www.heathrow.com. For spotting information go to https://www.spotterguide.net/planespotting/europe/united-kingdom/heathrow-lhr-egll/.

Final Details!

It’s almost time for this meet-up on the other side of the pond to Orlando. We have quite a few people coming in from all over the place across Europe and beyond. As always, the exact location is weather dependent, however our main meeting place, if the weather is looking good, will be the following:

Mrtyle Avenue
Heathrow Airport
We will be there at 11am

This is located near the Hatton Cross tube station. You can access it from Heathrow airport via underground or bus. If you are coming from Heathrow, the bus is free as it is within the Heathrow Travel Zone. There are several buses you can get depending on which terminal, so we suggest asking a staff member at the airport or using Google Maps.

https://goo.gl/maps/nxLioQLFj93sshYK7

Spotting Details

The weather is looking a little cloudy and just below 20 degrees during the day. This could change as there are showers on both Friday and Sunday which may change into Saturday. Aircraft will be taking off from 27L or 09R until 3pm on the day, so the best spotting times will be after 3pm when the aircraft switch runways to land on 27L.

We have the ability to get the bus to the 27R threshold for those who want to take photos before 3pm of aircraft landing. Please be aware there is little space to spot here, and we will have to make sure it is suitable on the day depending on how many people will be there.

After 3pm we will be at Mrtyle until 5pm regardless of the situation in the morning.

Lunch/Food

As a reminder, we will be there from 11am-5pm BST, that is 1000-1600Z. We will be looking to get lunch during that time, and all are welcome to join us. It is likely we will go to a location just up the road from Mrtyle, or we will go into a place in Terminal 2. Please note that Infinite Flight will not be paying for food or drinks, so make sure to bring some money for that.

Alternate Meeting Location

If the weather is not so good on the day, we will look to meet in Terminal 2 until it clears. There is a restaurant to the far right of the building when you enter, on the departures floor. We will be there at 11am if the weather is not good. We will update everyone on the day if this is the case!

153 Likes

If only I wasn’t a broke teenager 😭
Tbh: my parents would probably say yes, except I may be going to Oshkosh so they would probably say no. Also, I have camp 😒

35 Likes

Won’t be able to come as I will be preparing to move up to PDX during that time

would be nice to fly SJC-LHR with BA though

7 Likes

I might be able to make it, will try my best.

2 Likes

Maybe i’ll persuade my parents to go😂

Come to NY next time!😂

4 Likes

Hmhhhh…

Might be worth the day trip. Don’t even need to stay overnight.

And booked 😊

38 Likes

Are you sure you need a UK citizenship? The reason I ask if because I have been to LHR 3 times before…

Anyways, I’d have loved to come, but I’ll be flying somewhere else for Summer! And on the Delta CS100 to either SLC or SEA from SJC!

4 Likes

I would have to convince my parents to go to the U.K. on my own 😂 Would be like an 8 hour flight but not bad

Would love to, but maybe next time when it’s closer to home :)

3 Likes

The thing beginning with B and ending with t

3 Likes

YAY! 😁

On the 15th of June, I will be heading to Paris le Bourget Air Show! Before that I will be able to meet you on the way! This is unbelievable. I am going to mark this date!!

Just a question @MishaCamp will you all be heading to the Le Bourget Air Show too?

If only I could afford flying to both regions.

17 Likes

That is what I thought, just didn’t want to say it since it is political

4 Likes

Ah great event! Sadly I will not be here for this one, but I already got tickets booked for Airventure 2019, so I’ll see y’all there!

4 Likes

I don’t have the money for air travel,so what if I walked to London? Just to keep it simple my entire adventure would include planes, trains, automobiles and of course walking. I roughly estimate that you would walk about a total of about 10,000 km. You could walk 42 km per day at a rate of 5km an hour, which would take you about 8 hours. That means you would have about 239 days of walking.

So I probably can’t make it.

23 Likes

Whoops, either way, I still can’t come

Can’t spend money for an airplane ticket just to see IFC irl

I could use that money for better things

9 Likes

You might see me there

3 Likes

You don’t need UK citizenship to enter the UK (for most western countries, you can visit for tourism without a visa). Brexit hasn’t had any impact :)

15 Likes

I should be able to come :) I can’t wait

1 Like

Of course its worth it!

Great to see another meet up in the UK. What a great way to start the summer off.

3 Likes

Hope to see a big number of folks there, booking this at the end of the month :)

3 Likes