London Crosswinds today

for those that flew in London today and experienced those 30+ knts crosswinds, what did you think?

I tried landing in a A321 and B772 and may I just say that was some difficult landing for me. I tried approaching the runways all types of ways and when I finally was about to land I was floating everywhere. Anyone have any videos of how their landing went and how they handled it?

6 Likes

Idk about London but In SAN today the fog was bad. Looked like I was flying through smoke

3 Likes

I was able to handle it. Wasn’t too bad.

1 Like

Just did some patterns at London city in a q400. Crazy.

5 Likes

I flew from EGLC-EGKK. The fog wasn’t terrible but the approach to EGKK was windy. I was in my new A320 and thought I could cheat by using APPR. Nope. I had to take manual control and land it. It was bad. I was being thrown side to side. Somehow, I was able to bring it down with a VS of -141 ft/min, 1 degree nose up and 123 knots

And it was centered. No picture, didn’t happen ;)

4 Likes

It was the same yesterday

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Storm in the Neterlands today I am going to EHAM😍

2 Likes

It really was difficult yesterday to land in EGLL. And game slowed down in this time…

1 Like

In London there were winds blowing up to 70mph in real life

2 Likes

In the Netherlands there is also still stormy weather and it’s getting worse later today.

2 Likes

Just landed at Birmingham with a 35-40 knot crosswind. I was in a ERJ 170

3 Likes

How was it?

1 Like

well lets just say it was interesting @Jan_Polet

1 Like

trust me the wind was bad @Lare

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

I just got it and never use APPR. I wanted to see how far I could push the system. So had a good landing

2 Likes

What is that software on window ? What is the name ?