Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick setup on IPad

I just got a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick and don’t know how to connect it to Infinite Flight as Live flight connect is no longer available on Mac/IOS. I know there is a way to still link them just need someone to tell me how.

I looked and couldn’t find any duplicates and if there is just let me know and if this need to go in #thirdparty I will gladly move it over there.

4 Likes

I wanted to know the solution for this too, I’m on Android tho.

Bought it based on an IF tutorial video regarding the same product but to date it could never get detected in IF :( Nothing wrong with the joystick it got tested on a laptop and working just fine.

Its cousin the CHEAPER half-priced Logitech Attack 3 Joystick worked flawlessly with IF but it has no rudder control input.

The only one solution I could find was on youtube, seems you need a double ended OTG connector, one to plug into the phone and the other branch goes to power the joystick - NOT the phone. Sadly, couldn’t find such OTG anywhere now so it still stays unproven whether this joystick was a good buy or just a waste of my $50.

If I’m correct, you can buy a USB to Micro USB adapter and plug the joystick directly into your device.

1 Like

Isn’t that’s an OTG connector though?

1 Like

Exactly what I used, that OTG adapter thingy did not detect the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, but it worked fine with its older cousin the Logitech Attack 3 Joystick.

I changed phone and the results remained the same.

1 Like

That’s weird

Thanks I will try this out I do have an IPad so I may yield different results.

I’ve spent a lot of time and effort and money and money troubleshooting all of the joy all of the joy sticks and stuff maybe I can help out.

Is it still not working from the last time yall had the conversation

1 Like

No what more do you know?

The OTG is the adapter that allows the big USB and little USB to jive.
Before I hop into it what kind of phone do you have?

I have an IPad 6 as well as an iPhone SE 1st gen never used it that much

So every OTG that I have used 6 have used successfully always had a cord on it.
The adapter that I use is the 3 way adapter with the HDMI for a monitor, a usb for a accessories and a USB c for charging.

I’ve only had one joy stick that that would not work a 100%… only the steering stick part of it steering of it and 1/2 the buttons.

I was so about to make a joking comment lmao!

That I cannot help you with I’ve always rent it hardware direct hardware direct

So you recommend getting a OTG cable and then connecting it to the device? If so do you know where you got it and who made it?

So they make this adapter that I’m telling you about and pro and probably for an Apple it’s around the 50 $60 it’s around the 50 $60 mark. The android adapters are between 30 and 50.

Absolutely I’ve been using it for 2 for 2 years now I guess and haven’t had too many problems.
I am at the station until tomorrow morning but once I get home I can but once I get home I can send you a few pictures?

Ok cool thanks for the help this may save us all some time and money.