Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick - Reverse Thrust Issue

I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick hooked up to a Samsung Tab S4. I have noticed that while applying reverse thrust from the joystick, it makes the reverse thrust sound and even animates the engines to show as if they are in reverse thrust. However, I have noticed it actually does nothing. I have tried reverse thrust with the joystick and also by sliding down the throttle on-screen. On-screen it works but it doesn’t on the Joystick.

3 Likes

I have the same problem.

2 Likes

It took me a while to realize my reverse thrust wasn’t working LOL I was like man it sure is taking a while to slow this plane down. Then I ended up testing it and confirming it.

Hello,

Did you have this issue before 19.1 came out?
Also have you tried resetting your controls?
A quick reset may fix the issue. Test this in solo, so you don’t disturb anyone if it doesn’t work.

It’s been going on for a month or so. Before the update and after. I’ve done it in Solo. I’ve messed with the joystick settings, IF settings, and I’ve done just about everything.

1 Like

Also, I’m not sure if I posted this in the correct category. Forgive me if I didn’t.

1 Like

I have the same issue with my logitech, I dont think the reverse thrust can be set up like that yet. (Not yet anyway).

This has been going on way before 19.1

I’ve been in contact with the developers already, regarding the rudder pedals as they dont work also.

1 Like

I use the joystick for rudders; but the reverse thrust is a biggie.

Go into the Settings < Controls < Commands and scroll down to ReverseThrust. Is it assigned to anything?

Have you tried to use live flight connect on a computer and run it via wifi?

@Nick_Wing

I have it assigned to a certain button on the joystick. Reverse thrust kicks on when pressed but it doesn’t actually slow the aircraft down.

Maybe try assign it to a different button and see if it works.

1 Like

I’ve assigned it to different buttons. I’ve done everything I can think of lol … Not sure what it is

1 Like

You can assign it in the settings of IF!

1 Like

I’m not sure how Live Flight Connect will help me in this case

@TheBlackPearl could you take a video from another device to show us your setup and what is happening exactly on Controls Menu in IF? It will help us get a better lay of the land providing more clarity and might help us determine the issue. I have the 3D pro but don’t have an Android device. Would love to help more once we can see what is happening in real time.

Sure. It’ll take me about 8 or 9 hours from now to be able to get home and get you a video of the issue. I will as soon as I can.

1 Like

I have a similar issue, but with the engines. The engine command I set doesn’t start the engines.

I did notice on the IF menu it says something like “Start specified engine” I’m not sure how to specify which engine to start via the Joystick with a multi-engine aircraft. I actually never tried that.