Lockheed Martin F35A Lightning ll

OVERVIEW
The Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II is a family of single-seat, single-engine, all-weather stealth multirole fighters. The fifth-generation combat aircraft is designed to perform ground attack and air superiority missions. Virtually undetectable to an enemy that cannot hide, the conventional takeoff and landing (CTOL) F-35A gives the U.S. Air Force and allies the power to dominate the skies – anytime, anywhere. It’s an agile, versatile, high-performance 9g multirole fighter that provides unmatched capability and unprecedented situational awareness. The F-35A’s advanced sensor package is designed to gather and distribute more information than any fighter in history, giving operators a decisive advantage over all adversaries. Its tremendous processing power, open architecture, sophisticated sensors, information fusion and flexible communication links make the F-35 an indispensable tool in future homeland defense, joint and coalition irregular warfare, and major combat operations.
With conventional takeoff and landing capability, the F-35A is built for traditional air force bases. The F-35A uses the boom method of aerial refueling and is the only variant to have an internal cannon.
The U.S. Air Force as well as the majority of our allied air forces will fly the F-35A, making it the most prevalent F-35 variant.

ROLE
The F-35 was developed to replace most US fighter jets with variants of one design common to all branches of the military. It was developed in cooperation with a number of foreign partners, and unlike the F-22 Raptor, intended to be available for export.

ENGINES
The Pratt & Whitney F135 powers the F-35. An alternative engine, the General Electric/Rolls-Royce F136, was being developed until it was cancelled by its manufacturers in December 2011 for lack of funding from the Pentagon.

COCKPIT
The F-35 features a full-panel-width glass cockpit touchscreen “panoramic cockpit display” (PCD), with dimensions of 20 by 8 inches (50 by 20 centimeters). A cockpit speech-recognition system (DVI) provided by Adacel has been adopted on the F-35 and the aircraft will be the first operational U.S. fixed-wing aircraft to employ this DVI system, although similar systems have been used on the AV-8B Harrier II and trialed in previous aircraft, such as the F-16 VISTA.

OPERATORS
Royal Australian Airforce
Israeli Airforce
Italian Airforce
Royal Norwegian Airforce
US Airforce

FUTURE OPERATORS
Turkish Airforce
Republic of Korea Airforce
Royal Netherlands Airforce
Japan Air-Self defense force
Royal Danish Airforce

SPECIFICATIONS
Power Plant: One Pratt & Whitney F135-PW-100 turbofan engine
Thrust: 43,000 pounds
Wingspan: 35 feet (10.7 meters)
Length: 51 feet (15.7 meters)
Height: 14 feet (4.38 meters)
Maximum Takeoff Weight: 70,000 pound class
Fuel Capacity: Internal: 18,498 pounds
Payload: 18,000 pounds (8,160 kilograms)
Speed: Mach 1.6 (~1,200 mph)
Range: More than 1,350 miles with internal fuel (1,200+ nautical miles), unlimited with aerial refueling
Ceiling: Above 50,000 feet (15 kilometers)
Armament: Internal and external capability. Munitions carried vary based on mission requirements.
Crew: One

PHOTO

Source: Wikipedia

I would love for the F35A to be added in the future for Military.

This feature request is only for the F35A, not the F35B or F35C.

If you like it, comment down below and be sure to click that Blue vote button! 😉😉

Cool idea. Out of vote. Would patrol North Korea

12 Likes

You should make this definitely for all 3. There is no point only having it for 1

8 Likes

This one is still open with 3 votes.

6 Likes

This one is more detailed l though…

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the USMC uses the F35 might want to add that to your operators! 😉

2 Likes

The Royal Navy has them for the new 2 billion pound QE2

5 Likes

What? Pounds meaning British money or weight?

1 Like

That’s the F35b though

1 Like

That’s the F35b though, the navy also has the c variant

3 Likes

The plane wouldn’t be 2 billion pounds in weight…

9 Likes

I’d rather have the F35B, STOVL would be fun in IF

5 Likes

Some people do think that though… i am pretty sure he meant money not weight,

2 Likes

This has more information and is much more informative. This one can stay.

1 Like

The QE2 is the new aircraft carrier

That is only a month old so maybe the info from this topic can be posted there?
Btw this fighter is such an amazing piece of machinery. Would definitely vote!

I’m pretty sure he’s saying: royal navy/raf have these aircraft for the 2 new aircraft carriers - HMS Queen Elizabeth & HMS Prince of Wales.

1 Like

Great VTOL jet. I’d love to see it in the game. Unfortunately I’m out of votes ;(

1 Like

The F35A is not VTOL. That is only the F35B, designed for the marines.

2 Likes

Ah right. I thought all F35s were VTOL