Best idea I have heard in a while!

1 Like

This is clever. Got mine boi

1 Like

Has my vote! Great Idea! Would be very useful when controlling

1 Like

Glad to hear that!

2 Likes

Maybe these could also be configured so that when in free cam mode as ATC, you see the 3 locked ones off to the side on the right and the main one on the left.

3 Likes

FANTASTIC idea! You most definitely have my vote! I’m not IFATC, but I think it’s a great way to keep everyone safe: pilot’s and controllers.

1 Like

And maybe later add this for the pilot !?.. Who knows…

2 Likes

How would you see this being integrated on the pilot’s side? I’ve thought about it a lot and would love to hear a new voice on the matter.

1 Like

This is such a clever idea especially when your having to move your camera to check if an aircraft has enough room to pushback safely. Voted for!

Happy Flying :)
Cign

(Just one question to all IFATC out there, what views do you use whilst controlling, free cam or tower views)

1 Like

Thank you! I mainly use the tower (overhead) view and pan with that. Occasionally, if I must, I’ll switch to the free cam and fly over to a hold short line or terminal. It gets annoying because the free cam resets itself every time you switch to a different view.

1 Like

I can imagine! Especially if you have a busy frequency and you need to spend about 20s Flying to the other side of the airport which is really time you do not have clogging up your frequency with requests making you in the end quite a bit more stressed.

Cign :)

1 Like

Totally, that is spot on!

1 Like

This is amazing! I’ve had this same trouble when being an ATC so it has my vote!

1 Like

Voted! I’d like to see this as well. ;)

2 Likes

This got my vote! ATC would be much better with this!

1 Like

I remember when I voted on this before I was IFATC. And now I see why it is needed a whole lot more. Like the other day when I was controlling Dubai it would have been nice to see the beginning of 30L.

1 Like

Ba-Bump (really cool idea!)

Looks like our dreams came true! 😆

1 Like

Oh my god I’m freaking out!!

ironic you bump this topic and less then 24 hours later you get the feature 😎