Localizer offset

Hey guys. Im a big fan of the new procedures functionality because i try to use real procedures really often. But! if you approach an airfield with an offset Localizer like Telluride its unrealistic. I tried the LOC RWY 09 approach as shown in the jeppesen charts. So you fly to ETL VOR as the IAF and go 108°outbound to intercept the Localizer. The localizer use a 93° heading and has a 3.0° offset to the runway 09. The Heading of the runway is 96°. The problem in IF is that the LOC Approach is absolutly useless. In IF the Localizer uses the same heading as the runway. So if i take the VOR/DME approach i can also use the LOC. thats absolutly nonsense.
Is IF capable for Localizer offset approaches or are there some airstrips with that equipment?

1 Like

Could you try putting this in the #features or vote a topic related to this. But yes, it is quite annoying the way it works, but at SCEL, I see it is angled on the LOC. IF can do this on ALL airports with an angle like this in (you guessed it) metal

1 Like

I try as soon as my trustlevel is high enough…

Hey Johannes, thanks for reaching out about this. We don’t support offset LOC approaches properly in 20.1 but it is definitely something we want to have implemented. Our new procedures are a first step towards this and we will iterate on it in a future release.

6 Likes

A trick would be to fly the inbound course to the localiser (if it is VOR based) and select a different inbound on the NAV page.

1 Like

I agree if it is a VOR and you can tune it to a NAV you could do that.

I notice for the OP’s example (and a few others I looked at) you can’t select the ITEX localiser tho and tune it so unfortunately it wouldn’t work.

1 Like

Yeah, I know. I tried an NDB approach with Live cockpit, which didn’t work at all either.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.