Loading issue

I was flying into Schipol from Berlin Tegel, and at the beginning of the flight other players aircraft were loading fine, but as I got about 100-150 NM out none of the aircraft would load, I couldn’t see any of them and they all showed up as “unknown” on the map, and ATC didn’t respond to any of my calls because I don’t think they could receive them. I had 3 bars of LTE at the time and the little green check mark in the top right corner, so I’m not sure why it wouldn’t load. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn’t work. Using iPhone 7 with latest IF update

Reinstalling and try again

So after you reinstalled, planes continued to show as unknown? If so, you may want to consider restarting your router.

Correct, it’s been happening for a while now I just used this flight as an example. Also I was using cellular data

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I’d suggest trying a more stable connection. Cellular data is shaky at times. Do you have WiFi that you could possibly connect to?

I do not have any available WiFi right now I’m in the car. I’ll have to try again when I get back to my wifi

Is your phones connection strong?

Yes, at the time I had 3 bars of LTE

Your best bet will be to try your WiFi at home. If that doesn’t help a mod may have to step in and try to pinpoint the issue.

Adding to @TheInitialVirus, I have almost never had a good, stable experience with cellular, even on max bars and when all other apps work. It’s just not the most reliable.
WiFi is recommended :)

2 Likes

Alright, I’ll have to try again when I get home. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

If your verizon or Comcast in the Chicago area there are some outages WiFi and internet

This is a known issue. IF causes problems when it disconnects from the internet for a short amount of time, even less than a second. (Cellular, as stated in above posts, is not extremely stable.) I am a big victim of this issue, since my home internet service is based off of a cellular plan. (AT&T fixed wireless)

A fix is turning off WiFi (or cellular), wait for IF to disconnect from the live server (don’t kill the flight), then re-enable WiFi or cellular.

Hopefully FDS will keep testing with this issue, since it’s been a problem for a while that they’ve tried to solve in the past.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.