LNAV not following the Flight Plan

Hello IFC,
Today and Yesterday I had the same problem regarding the LNAV feature. Somehow when starting a second flight without ending the flight, the LNAV doesn’t want to follow the route that I inserted onto the Map. It just follows one heading the whole time also activating other Legs and doing directs doesn’t help to get the LNAV work again. When Ending and then Starting a completly new flight it works again. Does someone maybe have the same problem?

Hey, can you send me a screenshot of your autopilot section when it doesn’t work? This could also be because you accidentally pressed active leg on your destination and it’s taking you straight to it, or there is no flight plan that is follows because you already finished it.

May be a stupid question, but did you clear your flight plan from your previous flight?

1 Like

Yes I did clear it and made a completly new one;)

I would have to do a new flight. Ahhh and this was just happening on the 772.

1 Like

@Pilot_Dave did you have you heading on and not your LNAV?

Make sure to set the NAV to GPS and not NAV1/2

2 Likes

Good to know…I have heard this issue before since 20.1’s release, so you’re not the only one. There was a hotfix pushed out a matter of minutes ago, this may be one of the issues covered in that hotfix. If anyone else has any troubleshooting steps then feel free to try them, but I’d also recommend waiting until the hotfix reaches your device to see if that fixes the issue.

2 Likes

The problem is, I didn’t change anything from the previous flight and on the previous flight is was working.

1 Like

Once they hotfix is out, I would also recommend trying it and making sure it works normally. I have not heard of this bug yet actually.

1 Like

You cleared the last FPL right, instead of simply adding onto the previous FPL.

I have done countless of these flights, both outbound and inbound services, but I’ve never had this happened, which is why I’m asking

The flight plan tab was empty, I didn’t add the new one to the old.

Weird, I’ll wait for the hotfix and then see if it happens again.

1 Like

Did you turn the LNAV button off after reaching the airport, and on after you were airborne, or did you just leave it on the whole time you were on the ground as well

The LNAV turns off automatically when you turn on the APPR Mode, so it went off together with the VNAV

1 Like

I don’t like asking this, but did you have a heading on but not LNAV? I asked this before

Right after Takeoff, turned on the LNAV so that it follows the SID.

1 Like

Are you using an app like Fpltoif.com?

1 Like

Once again only on the second flight. So I started a flight from KPAE to KORD --> everything was working fine. Then I did a new flight plan from KORD to KJFK without leaving the flight and right after Takeoff when I turned on LNAV it was only going I think Heading 290. It didn’t even follow the Runway Heading anymore it just went to the right. So I turned on the crosswind leg from Runway 28R at Chicago and still it was just following Heading 290.

1 Like

Yes I am. But I edited it a bit. Because KORD doesn’t have SIDs.

1 Like