Living on myrtle street (outside EGLL)

Gooday community,

I have a rather interesting discussion topic today. Recently I was looking on the internet to find interesting places to live and myrtle street came up just outside EGLL.
Out of curiosity I googled where it was an got a few images. It made me curious to get the communities point of view on living in this peculiar location. Aircraft fly just 40ft above people’s rooftops on this street.

So the question I pose to you today is ‘Would you like to live on Myrtle street?’ I know I would for about a week, that would be enough for me. But what about you?

(Image courtesy of James D Morgan)

24 Likes

Nah, I wouldn’t. The houses are so small and ugly.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t mind living there if I could see beauties like a Emirates A380 so close up all day ;)

Edit - @personmajig Don’t judge a book by it’s cover!

9 Likes

I would say it’s a good shout…

1. Planes over your house at that height, you will get used to that!

2. SELL YOUR DRIVE to holiday makers wanting to park, Ca Ching!

24 Likes

Very good initiative 😂

2 Likes

Lol, I wouldn’t heck no… To loud to sleep!

5 Likes

Used to live a few streets down from Myrtle Street. It’s a dream for aviation geeks (like me), but hell for people who don’t like planes.

4 Likes

Hehe, you could also get some advertising money for posting ads on top of your house for the thousands of people that look out of the window while approaching the airport! :D

Something like, if you don’t want cold food again fly with British Airways, hot food served!

3 Likes

What I say to people who don’t like aviation that live there and complain about the noise is: Your problem. It’s not as if Heathrow wasn’t there when they moved in.

8 Likes

As much as I like planspotting, I honestly prefer sleeping. I don’t think there is any soundproof material that can make a house on that block quiet.

3 Likes

I would love to for about 5 days and then I would like to sleep again. Wait does Heathrow close at night?

2 Likes

I believe there there are no flights overnight, however the terminals are still open.

2 Likes

I think that the engines wouldn’t be throttled very much, since they’re on final. So wouldn’t be too loud.

2 Likes

I found this, not sure if it is reliable news or not though

24 PM

2 Likes

I knew it was something like that.🥕

2 Likes

I seen in some documentary that it closed at night. I think it was worlds busiest airport documentary.
Edit:there’s definitely noise restrictions, almost 101% sure

2 Likes

I would definitely live there. The sound honestly isn’t a problem for me, I can fall asleep whenever I want lol. Heavies 40ft above my house is seriously just amazing…

1 Like

Yes, the final planes depart at about midnight and the first arrivals are at 4:30-4:45. My flight to Heathrow was the first to arrive on the day I flew.

1 Like

Heck ya! Honestly no joke I go to sleep watching plane spotting videos on my phone, so basically airplane engines are like a lullaby! Wonder if there are any houses for sale there??🧐🧐🙃

3 Likes

That would be awesome living on Myrtle street. Though, I only get tiny planes flying over my house. As long as the A380’s don’t smash my windows, I would totally stay there!

4 Likes