Livery criteria

Hello and welcome to my first feaure request which my seem quite odd but will make sense with some simple explanations. Let’s start with the definition of criteria which is: a principle or standard by which something may be judged or decided. What I desire is a list of requirements when making the list of liveries for upcoming aircraft. Allow me to explain while using the A350 as an example. Let’s say FDS decides to make the A350 (which won’t come in a long time due to spamming from people who just won’t understand), they make a list of liveries but they forgot one crucial livery…QATA. Fans would be angered by such an important livery being absent from the plane. The criteria i suggest is for things like this to be avoided. This criteria will demonstrate certain livery requirements which need to be implemented when a new plane is made. The liveries are the following:

• Aircrafts house livery (B787 in the Boeing house livery)
  • Aircrafts last operator if retired (KLM MD-11)
  • Aircrafts largest operator (Southwest 737-700)
  • Aircrafts most famous livery (KLM 747-400 at SXM)
  • One livery from every continent (if possible)
  • Aircrafts most famous incident (JAL 123 livery)
  • Atleast one alliance livery (if it exists)
  • Aircrafts first operator

I may sound picky and I know I am but I believe this is the only way everyone could be satisfied with the livery selection which is entirely up to FDS. For those of you that didn’t understand this do not worry as I have an example.

McDonnell Douglas MD-11 (see criteria above for guidance)

• McDonnell Douglas MD-11 in its initial livery
  • McDonnell Douglas MD-11 in the KLM livery
  • McDonnell Douglas MD-11 in the FedEx livery
  • McDonnell Douglas MD-11 in the Martinair livery
  • McDonnell MD-11 in the Delta, Varig, KLM, Ethiopian, and JAL livery
  • McDonnell Douglas MD-11 in the FedEx flight 14 livery
  • McDonnell Douglas MD-11 in the Finnair livery

The liveries I presented would would be an example of my system if it would be implemented in the MD-11. Other liveries would be added as fillers. I completely understand if FDS wouldn’t want to implement this as it looks as if I were forcing them to implement certain liveries but this would silence many salty people and possibly clear up the forum with unnecessary requests.

If anything we should have it where you can’t request a livery for a plane that doesn’t exist in the game or isn’t confirmed to be released.

6 Likes

I have wanted this to happen for a long time as it creates a lot of useless topics in the forum.

Actually I see, and like what you are doing here, but I don’t have any votes…

Add airline launch customer too.

That would be classified as the “Aircrafts first operator” option.

I’m just going blind, my bad.

See, here’s why I don’t like that:

Infinite Flight is made by FDS. They have the power. If for example Laura or Philippe hate a livery that would be in your mandatory list, they basically would be forced to add it.

It’s always a bad idea to force someone to add something to their own product. We can request stuff. But it’s not our decision whether they want to add it or not.

That’s why I appreciated when FDS put their foot down on the A350 discussion. If they want to add something, that’s fine. And if they don’t want to, we have to accept it. That’s why I’m against such a mandatory list.

1 Like

Interesting point of view…which is now making me think twice about what I have written in this post. (sweats furiously)

I obviously missed something (probably because I wasn’t part of the community of the A350 spammers). I obviously had false hope for the A350 to be implemented, as I didn’t know that FDS “put their foot down”. As absurdly disappointing this may be; if it’s possible, can I get a link to that topic where they put their foot down?

I’ll PM you the link :)

Thank you very much good sir!

1 Like

Can a mod close this? It seems that there has been a lack of attention with my feature request which I’m my opinion turned out to be quite the daring act as I was forcing FDS to do something.

1. Feature requests aren’t forcing anybody to do anything.

2. Just because there is a lack of attention doesn’t make your request bad, if you don’t feel it is necessary you can remove your vote, but mods don’t close feature requests because the OP wants them closed in most scenarios.