LiveFlightApp not finding flight plans - Solved

Hey is anyone else having issues with Liveflightapp not being able to pull the flight plan information?

it says processing and it’s been like that for minutes now

Please let me know

It appears that the problem comes from Infinite flight’s API.

3 Likes

Hello, would you be able to give an example of a flight which should have a flight plan but cannot be displayed?

im currently flying VHHH-RJTT and when i click on my plane it doesn’t load the flight plan so it cant show arrival time.

I tried some other planes around and the same thing happens

This does not appear to be an issue with LiveFlight itself but rather the Infinite Flight API. There appears to have been a change to a variable name, which I assume is causing a parsing error. I just checked this on one of my projects and I am getting the same results. (no FPL displayed)

1 Like

ok i see. Thank you for the help

1 Like

Unless for some reason this change is reverted the LiveFlight code will probably have to be updated to work with this change before FPLs are shown.

1 Like

Yes. The format of the flight plan data obtained through the Live API was changed. Here is an example of the data format shown on the user guide:

"flightPlanItems": [
        {
          "name": "AMAHE",
          "type": 0,
          "children": null,
          "identifier": null,
          "altitude": -1,
          "location": {
            "latitude": 26.92723722,
            "longitude": -77.47139889
          }
        }
]

But for some reason, the variable name of the latitude and longitude data of the waypoint location was changed to latitudeRad / longitudeRad. And the values of these two new variables are always 0:

"flightPlanItems": [
        {
          "name": "AMAHE",
          "type": 0,
          "children": null,
          "identifier": null,
          "altitude": -1,
          "location": {
            "latitudeRad": 0, /* new change */
            "longitudeRad": 0 /* new change */
          }
        }
]

If anyone knows the reason for this change to the Live API, please let me know.

The change in the names of these two variables also caused the Map Flight website and app to crash. After an emergency update, Map Flight is now back to normal.

I recommend that all developers temporarily discard any features that require the use of waypoint latitude and longitude data to prevent any negative impact on their projects.

3 Likes

All kidding aside I hope we get news about this soon! Perhaps there are going to enforce SI units in their API.

1 Like

Just an error with the API. I’m sure it will be fixed soon.

Just about to go to bed but I’ll look at this first thing tomorrow morning for you. Sorry!

5 Likes

Thank you and goodnight good sir

1 Like

Hey everyone, we have pushed a fix for this. Sorry for any inconvenience!

5 Likes

As requested