LiveFlight for iOS 1.1 - now featuring Flight Status and more!

Hey guys!

I’ve just released a (long overdue) update for LiveFlight for iOS! It’s features a couple of new features brought over from the web version, as well as bug fixes and a gift for our fans :)

As always, I really appreciate the support and I hope you enjoy this update, so don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any feedback!

###What’s new:
Note that there is a full list available on the App Store.

[New] Flight Status:

• Plan ahead with flight status data, including ETA and distance remaining based on a filed flight plan. Easily check at what time your long-haul flight is scheduled to arrive at!
  • We’ve added even more powerful flight plan information to go alongside the Flight Status data. Clearly distinguish each waypoint (Fix/VOR) on a flight plan, toggle its visibility on the map and explore comprehensive stats (available in the second tab when selecting a flight).

[New] More ATC features and improved performance:

• Some pilots were getting impatient over slow flight loading times, and to be honest, so were we. If you tap on a flight or airport they’ll now open quicker than you can say “bam”.
  • We decided to take a few steps back and add more free stuff for our awesome fans. ATC information is now available to all without a Horizon subscription. Cheers for your support!
  • Here at LiveFlight we hate fake IFATC users as much as certain political leaders hate fake news. So we’ve added a badge that lets you verify if a controller is part of IFATC.

[New] Translations:

• ¡Hola! Привет! LiveFlight is now available in more languages. It’s even easier to use for our Spanish and Russian friends. (thanks to Vlad for the Russian translation!)
  • Want LiveFlight in your own language? Send us a message via one of our social media outlets and we’ll give you some more info on how you can help!

###Download:

As with all LiveFlight products, it’s completely free to download and use. If you enjoy it, please consider purchasing a Horizon subscription and leaving a nice review on the App Store :)

40 Likes

Great Job Cameron like always! :)

2 Likes

Great Cameron!

Already bought all the extras brilliant App!

1 Like

Thanks! Hope you enjoy Horizon :)

2 Likes

I love how it immediately shows data when clicking on airplanes/airports. This was definitely a bug that I hated. Great job Cameron!

1 Like

I have just updated the app it is literally a hundred times better now you can instantly get the flight details rather then waiting an eternity. I thank you for your continued progress with this app, I feel I pay for a truly brilliant app with a developer so focused on improving it based on feedback. Thanks for all you do!

2 Likes

Same here, it either loaded instantly or took an age depending on how my server was feeling… glad that’s working better now :)

1 Like

Thanks, appreciate the kind words! I use the app a lot as well, definitely helps me see what could be done better. Hope you’re enjoying Horizon!

1 Like

Congratulations on your latest update. Liveflight is a cool an awesome app Cameron. Really deserves a 5-star rating…

1 Like

Yes Cam! Loving it. Thanks for developing this amazing app 👍

1 Like

Not that i haven’t already told you everything, but

Great work!

1 Like

Be sure to leave a review for Cam and his wonderful app!

1 Like

Amazing app! I’m curious (coding wise) why TS1 flight plans don’t show? I know that you’ve acknowledged this but is their any particular reason

1 Like

Thanks, appreciate the kind words and the rating :)

1 Like

Processing flight plans is a fairly resource-intensive operation. I’m provided with a set of waypoint names and I need to deduce where they are in relation to the aircraft, double check to make sure it’s the right one and not a duplicate, etc. The current implementation isn’t perfect, but you may have noticed in recent months the number of “jumpy” flight plans have decreased as I’ve improved this algorithm.

The side effect unfortunately is the performance implication as I mentioned… With my current backend hardware, I can’t process all three servers without causing performance issues (slow responses, lack of aircraft loading, etc). It’s something I’ve wanted to take a look at for a while, but I haven’t had the chance to with exams and all.

Part of this reason for this update was to make some behind-the-scenes upgrades to make way for some new server infrastructure which should handle this a lot quicker, allowing me to efficiently show flight plans for all servers. Hopefully this will come soon, thanks for your patience :)

2 Likes

Amazing work as always Cam! :)

1 Like

It’s not an issue for me, always fly expert 👍 just curious if there was a difference between the actual servers which meant it was impossible

1 Like

Haha so flight checker was @THE-OP! Great work as usual - you have tempted me to broaden my horizons, quite literally.

2 Likes

Massive congratulations @Cameron as a proud long time ‘Horizon’ subscriber I am so proud of how this app has developed. Thank you. This is another app that is going to make global flight, oh so more enjoyable and realistic!

1 Like

Cheers! It’s been useful testing global flight, it was one of the inspirations behind the Flight Status feature (useful if you go out so you can make it back in time for approach). Thanks for being a Horizon subscriber, really appreciate your support :)

6 Likes