LiveFlight Connect

Hello all
I’m facing problems in LiveFlight Connect connectivity… The app couldn’t connect to the simulator although i have done a flight earlier today without connectivity issues rather than some disconnections… However; currently there’s no connection at all… I have tried the following:
1- Restarted my device many times…
2- Restarted my router…
3- Restarted my laptop…
4- Checked the infinite flight connect box ticked…
Haven’t had this issue earlier today but now I cannot connect and fly with my joystick…
Any help would be appreciated…

2 Likes

Hello!!

Please read this post from Chris regarding Live Flight Connect connectivity.

Hope this helps,
Blake

2 Likes

@USA_ATC
Thanks for offering a help…
All information stated in the post are well known for me… My question was specific about a sudden disconnection although it was working fairly well before… I know the app is deprecated, however it still connectes to the simulator but with lag and instability…

2 Likes

Can you run an internet speed test on your flying device and computer and share the results?

1 Like

Not really uncommon since I personally have never gotten LiveFlight to run smoothly

@USA_ATC
You’re absolutely right… I consider quit using this app after i give up of getting it developed and cannot personally flying with accelerometer… Using joystick is much more convenient for me…

I know it’s not the same, but you can try Fly By Wire, developed by one of the wonderful mods here, (sorry for the tag) @tomthetank. Other than that, maybe some genius in the community could figure count how to link it 🤷‍♂️

4 Likes

It’s great… I restarted it before doing a flight and everything was stable…

Did you unplug your joystick before reconnecting?

2 Likes

I tried it… But I already bough a joystick to fly in IF. However after sometime; the app becomes deprecated and no longer supported so unfortunately no benefit from my joystick… Flying with it is much more convenient and improve the skills drastically…

1 Like

I did that while trying to conmect it again… Yesterday the LiveFlight Connect app kept disconnecting and my experience was unfortunately awful… So i consider not to renew my subscription in IF because it’s a waste of money…

1 Like

Did you have any other apps open on either device or any other devices that were using up the wifi?

2 Likes

Your real alternative would be the what Zac recommended. Fly by wire is the best thing you can get atm. Until they have a way for joysticks can connect seamlessly with no 3rd party connection like Bluetooth. If there is a Bluetooth joystick like a Xbox controller can do currently.

1 Like

If you’re willing to buy a Raspberry Pi (I definitely recommend them, they’re great fun), I’ve used this and it works very well.

3 Likes

Actually yes! There were devices connected to the network but they were limited in number, only 3 devices… Have 3 apps connected to the simulator running in the background…

1 Like

I’m quite hesitant about getting it… I’m afraid that I cannot program it or using it cause i feel it’s a bit complicated and it’s not that cheap…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.