LiveFlight Connect for Windows - now available!

Also anyone have links to a good joystick I could buy?

I’m having some issues with the VS via AutoNav, do you guys have any tips?

1 Like

I’ll push an update to try and fix this tomorrow.

2 Likes

Strange… What version of Windows are you running?

These are the joysticks that definitely work:

1 Like

8.1, it says I need to contact the application vendor.

I also get a long line of things in my notepad, this is one part of it:
ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of http://connect.liveflightapp.com/windows/LiveFlight%20Connect.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Activation failed.
+ The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

What joystick do you use? And should I get one with its own throttle, not a little thing on the back?

Looks great!

1 Like

Strange… Try restarting your PC, and if possible, try reinstalling but on a different network (it appears to have an error downloading the necessary files from my server).

Regarding joysticks, I use the T.Flight Hotas X - highly recommended! Each person has their own preference but I quite like this one - large throttle lever which makes it easy to control. Check it out, quite affordable too :)

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Will look into it. Thanks.

It says application cannot be started, contact application vendor…

good job tho

1 Like

This is another example of the unusual VS readings. Also, the plane just veered off course, even though I synced the flight plan before getting airborne. Love the interface btw, really easy to follow.

Both screenshots were taken almost simultaneously.

Keep the amazing work up :)

1 Like

When I click “details”, this text appears in note

`PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 10.0.10586.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
clr.dll : 4.6.1063.1 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
dfdll.dll : 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
dfshim.dll : 10.0.10586.0 (th2_release.151029-1700)

SOURCES
Deployment url : http://connect.liveflightapp.com/windows/LiveFlight%20Connect.application
Server : cloudflare-nginx

IDENTITIES
Deployment Identity : LiveFlight Connect.application, Version=1.0.0.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0000000000000000, processorArchitecture=msil

APPLICATION SUMMARY
* Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of http://connect.liveflightapp.com/windows/LiveFlight%20Connect.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Activation failed.
+ The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [1/11/2016 7:15:55 PM] : Activation of http://connect.liveflightapp.com/windows/LiveFlight%20Connect.application has started.
* [1/11/2016 7:15:56 PM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [1/11/2016 7:15:56 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (Activation)
- Activation failed.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.Activate(DefinitionAppId appId, AssemblyManifest appManifest, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
— Inner Exception —
System.IO.FileNotFoundException
- The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.NativeMethods.CorLaunchApplication(UInt32 hostType, String applicationFullName, Int32 manifestPathsCount, String[] manifestPaths, Int32 activationDataCount, String[] activationData, PROCESS_INFORMATION processInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
* Transaction at [1/11/2016 7:15:56 PM]
+ System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationSetDeploymentMetadata
- HRESULT: 0x0
+ System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreTransactionOperationType (27)
- HRESULT: 0x0`

Can you please take a screenshot of your flight plan (in the live flight application)?

Any help for me?

@Kevin_Jonas, when you download the zip file, try to extract all files first before running the installer. Maybe make sure your account is an administrator on your PC?

Already closed IF, nonetheless, this is the flight plan I loaded

Ok. What were the altitudes and speeds you set for the first couple waypoints?

1 Like

I completely missed that part while planning… no wonder :P