Live Server Slow vs Fast Solo Mode

I was just wondering why Solo for me is not laggy or slow but when I go onto the live server these days it can get laggy and ai have to have all of my quality settings to low etc.

1 Like

Likely due to the other aircraft, have you limited the number it shows if those?

Yea I was thinking the same. I turned everything to as low as possible and hide other aircraft. Also clear Cache a lot. I can have my graphics to medium and high with no lag at all on solo. I just miss the live weather :(

1 Like

Humm, likely, and some of our more savvy community members may want to chime in on this, I assume there is still stuff with other aircraft, ATC, servers, etc. that would still be in the background, may I ask what device you are using?

1 Like

LG K20 Plus at the moment was using the LG Stylo 3 it’s not super laggy but when I look around in the cockpit sometimes it’s shaky land briefly overlap rapidly every now and again

Looking at the spec sheet, I would definitely not be surprised by some lag, or at least minimal graphics performance on those two devices. Not entirely sure about the Cokpit issue you described. Frankly I think this can be chalked up to the devices being at the lower end of the performance scale for IF, but are you saying this has been a recent issue? Or has it been like this for a while?

It’s been a recent issue I flew only on live with no problems as long as the settings were low / medium I had to switch to solo about a month or two ago due to the lag issues and solo can run on medium and high graphics with no problems

1 Like

The issue could be your device slowing down more and struggling to run IF. Do you use limit frame rate?

1 Like

Know what does limit frame rate do exactly?

Usually it will be hardly noticeable, sometimes 60fps to 30fps or somthing like that…

I would definitely try that…

2 Likes

It does what it says on the tin. So it just Limits it making it easy for the device to run IF, without it on in the settings on IF it can result in more lag.

2 Likes

I will definitely give that a try I appreciate all your guyses help I really miss the live weather but I traded it off for solo due to me being able to have all settings on high / medium with absolutely no lag or any other issues ever

2 Likes

Hope it all gets better!

1 Like

Just did a flight with limit frame rates on and it was perfectly 100% smooth throughout the entire flight and that was with graphics on medium / High thank you both so much for your help.

2 Likes

That’s fantastic, enjoy the weather and the other aircraft around! ;)

2 Likes