Live Server is Irredeemably and Inexcusably Bad

*this is a repeat problem

after about one hour of flight preparations and careful taxi at busy chicago O’HARE, my connection to the expert server was lost and couldnt be rectified. losing connect every 15 seconds the whole way, it finally gave in as soon as i reached the rwy threshold. my game made werid static noise and crashed. im not going to lie, if it wasnt for the access to all the airplanes,ID CANCEL MY LIVE SUBSCRIPTION RIGHT NOW. how on earth can you guys at infinite flight boast about multiplayer when its IMPOSSIBLE to enjoy real multiplayer??

i have a brand new iphone 14 pro max with great internet connection. I run it at 30 FPS. the problem is 100000000000000% on infinite flight.

WHY IN THE LORD’S NAME WAS EVERYTHING ‘OK’ TILL I WAS AT THE FOOT OF THE RUNWAY?? WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOUR APP?? $120 DOLLARS A YEAR FOR THIS?

ITS NOT NECASSARILY THE CRASHING ASPECT THATS THE WORST PART. ITS THE CONSTANT LOSS OF CONN TO LIVE SERVER. LITERALLY EVERY FEW SECONDS. UNBELIEVABLE

3 Likes

Hey! I get it, app crashes are very frustrating, but it sounds like a good idea to take a step back and troubleshoot before making assumptions.

You have a powerful phone, no doubt about that, but do you run 30 fps or 60 fps? 60 fps is very demanding and cause trouble on even the strongest of devices.

Also, make sure to restart your device prior to every flight. From personal experience, this has given my device some more breathing room in terms of performance and has reduced crashes a good deal.

Hopefully this helps!

1 Like

30 fps bruh. It’s no longer a game of assumptions. there is no excuse for this

1 Like

Why aren’t you using 60fps? I have the iPhone 14 Pro Max as well and 60fps works everywhere. I’ve been to ORD numerous times with full traffic and I have not crashed. Try using 60fps.

Hope this helps, also use what @Humberto noted above!

Hello!

Sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing. The team is pushing a hotfix soon that should resolve the crashing that has affected your recent flights.

For the server disconnects that you are experiencing, are they a frequent problem? Some of the ports used to connect to multiplayer were changed in 23.3. If you’re happy to share, what type of network are you using, and who is your provider?

2 Likes

@Captain_Oblivious - from what I’ve been told, you’re not having this issue on cellular but on your WiFi?

–today at KORD:

Wifi: loses coonnection every other moment, eventually crashed
couldnt even connect to live server on cellular

–all the other times:
on wifi: live server disconn regularly, more so in crowds
cellular: same thing but disconnects maybe at 3/4 the rate of wifi. sometimes cellular cant load assets, other planes, decent resolution scenery quickly or at all

*i dont remember if game has crashed on cellular before. all i know is that it has crashed for me once before recently.

1 Like

Crashes are not the same as disconnections. So please do make sure to separate them.

If you’re having more issues with connectivity on WiFi than you do on cellular, then your WiFi is the problem.

Cellular is always tricky, especially since it’s entire purpose is to transfer connections back & forth and that sometimes fails.
I’m not trying to put blame on anything here, but certain things you describe makes it rather clear.

In terms of crashes, it seems like you’re a bit unsure about that in general?

oy vey the blame game.

Or is IF just oversold and can’t handle the increasing volume of users? Here’s an idea: maybe can limit the amount of people that have access to the live servers at once. i think most of us would be fine with waiting our turn.

so what device can actually handle the majestic and flawless coding, infrastructure of Infinite Flight? i experience both incessant server AND crashing issues, only with IF.

Also, can IF create a global server that you can individually access? so that way we can avoid the trolls on the Training,casual servers but still have access to Realtime weather. This would be such a great feature

another question:
lets say i reduce my airplane count, whatever graphics setting to a minimum for a realtime flight, would whatever airplanes, graphical assets show up in replay mode if i increase graphics to its max before viewing replay of said flight?

1 Like

That’s literally what I said I’m not doing.
But from a logical perspective;
If you’re having a intermittent connectivity issue on connection A but not on connection B, then what is the most likely cause?

This isn’t a capacity issue. So none of the suggestions would help in your case since you would experience the same issues regardless of server load.

In terms of the crashes;
The graphics settings in general is not a problem for you to run on high.
But I would not recommend you run airplane count on high since that can increase the risk of these issues on crowded airports.

However, when was the last time you restarted your device? That’s also a thing that weighs in a lot in terms of performance.

You may say “But Infinite Flight is the only one that crashes?” - And sure, that may be the case. We’re an app that’s using a lot resources due to the nature of flight simulation. It’s not just about fancy graphics, but a lot of physics calculations as well. This requires a lot more than meets the eye.

3 Likes

but i also just said i encounter the same issues on both wifi and cellular.
on different wifi (home, college) networks i still encounter same connection with Live issues

anyway,
lets say i reduce my airplane count, whatever graphics setting to a minimum for a realtime flight, would whatever airplanes, graphical assets show up in replay mode if i increase graphics to its max before viewing replay of said flight?

Yes. The replay is based on your current settings when viewing the replay.

Which setting do you think is the most influential to causing crashing and/or serve issues?

Do you think with airplane count set to min, it will prevent app crashing? Will it have any effect in connection to live server?

Yes, the live server situation is not fun at all it is a very serious situation, hopefully there’s something that can be done to have the live server staying connected no matter what since your Internet connection is very good, because how can Wifi/Internet/Cellular connection be very good but live server have these big issue of constantly disconnecting and having trouble, hopefully it will improve soon! But otherwise Infinite flight is very good simulator

6 Likes

I believe the limit is 2000

I’m currently having this problem, especially the day before yesterday and yesterday, after every app crash I stopped restarting and then waited for the next day and lo and behold it happened again. Everything before that never had this problem. My setting is fps60.

Hello!

Sorry about that.
Please create a topic in Support with as much detailed information about your experience, device and such as possible.