Live Server Disconnected/NetError

So I’m on my A330 going from KJFK to KSFO in the training server. I use an iPad Pro 2018 model to fly all of my flights here on IF. Before I went downstairs to eat dinner I made sure WiFi connection was acceptable and the battery was above 50%, and like an hour later I came back up and noticed the low battery mini screen kicks in and I immediately dismiss it and charge my iPad. I found that when IF paused the flight because of the low battery screen, not only the HUD glitched out, but it also glitched the live server. All of the other servers are green for some reason. I guess I’ll wait a bit and see what happens, but it’s been 1/2 hour with no changes.

Honestly, IF is the only major app that’s open right now. Ahead of time I closed all of my other games running in the background. This could also be a memory leak. The app can get so unstable at times when I do a long haul I think the app isn’t even designed to handle it…

I tried multiple different things to get the live server back up but it’s not working. My internet service is pretty good so I’m not blaming WiFi. And I can’t blame my own iPad either.

I can see this issue has been around for years so I think it’s time for a hotfix. As much as I love the devs, they also need to respect the effort we put in to fly and gain XP and landings. Not trying to be mean or anything.

Thank you for reading :)

When the “20% battery” comes up, it disconnects you from the server, that happened to me for a minute last night. As far as the no charge, that could be the cord you are using along with an older model of home or IPad

And I don’t know if you just misplaced the topic, but for the future this goes in #support :)

1 Like

Thanks 😊 sorry about that.

1 Like

No problem! So check the wires you’re using to charge your IPad. Especially if they’re not specifically from Apple, they stop working pretty easily. When I used my old IPhone 6s, it had problems charging with non-Apple chargers

1 Like

Haha. I’m using my plain old USB-C provided by Apple himself:)

1 Like

Is it old? They can still get beat up easily

1 Like

Well the cord still looks in pretty good shape. I just think I don’t deserve to start a flight over because I forgot my battery was low.

I tried reconnecting WiFi 5 times and nope. I turned Airplane mode on/off while pausing my flight and reconnecting my WiFi and nope…

Everything else works. Including API and Global. Weather also works.

1 Like

That’s probably what happened them! And make sure you have Low Power mode turned on, in the app. And graphics on low if you need to conserve battery

1 Like

Okay then🤔😔

I’ll be more careful.

1 Like

Wait I’ll still get a landing counted towards grade 3 right?

1 Like

If your gear touched the ground

1 Like

Oh nice. At least it’s not a waste then. All the app needs is a fresh redesign and optimizations. Just meXD

1 Like

It’s always good for practice too!

If that’s all you need, make sure to click the check in one of the replies so it can be closed 🙂

1 Like

I’ll wait until a moderator views this, but you can flag it if you wanted to.

Cheers!:)

1 Like