Live server connection lost and will not reconnect during flight.

Hi everyone,

This is kinda urgent. I am currently flying an Emirates 77W from Dubai to Denver. I have just come back from working and I have discovered that my parents have cut the power for a while to install a pendant in my room. Anyways, it has taken long enough that my battery has been worn down to below 5%, triggering a pop-up system notification, but the power was switched back on just in time, but the whole simulator was paused and connection to the live servers lost. I have just come home to discover this and do not know how long it has been like this. As I have NOT expected, the connection to the expert server has not fixed itself. Does anyone know how to fix this without leaving the app and subsequently ruining the flight?

Thanks!

1 Like

Are the signals red (top right corner of the screen)?

1 Like

Only the live server status is red, all others are green.

Roger. Try switching off WiFi for 30 seconds, and then turning it back on again. Then wait and see if the global server turns green again.

It should have reconnected when the WiFi connection came back, but try this anyways.

1 Like

Cool. I’ll give that a go now. Wish me luck!

1 Like

Ok, I just did it and counted 30 seconds. Nothing has happened. :(

Have you ensured that you have a stable connection? You can pause the flight momentarily and go to settings if you need to.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll try that. Give me a sec.

1 Like

Yeah, It has three of three bars, a strong connection.

1 Like

While the power has cut off in your home, it cuts out the internet provider and therefore losing the Internet connection. Sorry to say but I don’t think you might be able to reconnect again after you have been disconnected from the live server. Try going to your home screen and back.

Hmm. Usually at this point it’s worked (at least in my case). I’ll hand you off to @Kuba_Jaroszczyk; he’s probably better with tech and might be able to help you more than I can. Good luck!

1 Like

Ok, just talked to my parents and they said that they didn’t cut the power, so I guess this is the mystery of the bad live server connection.

1 Like

Thanks so much, TaipeiGuru, have a great day and thanks for your help!

1 Like

What device are you using currently? You will need to try going into the home page and going back into Infinite Flight.

Hi, I’m currently having dinner right now. Is it alright if I come back to you all in maybe 15 minutes?

1 Like

Do you think a simple device restart should solve the connection between the device and the live server or is there specific steps to be followed because a device restart won’t work @Kuba_Jaroszczyk?

1 Like

He’s currently trying to help Aussie regain connection without ending his flight. Obviously, that’s the worst case scenario. ;)

2 Likes

Oh, oops. Sorry, didn’t know that :/.

2 Likes

A device restart will solve it but he won’t be able to resume his flight.

1 Like

Is disconnecting and reconnecting to the Wi-Fi in the area a option or will that cause more consequences than benefits?