Live - Looking for a user

Hello everyone!

Many persons are creating a topic because they’re looking for an air traffic controller or a pilot on live.

It’s a bit annoying to have many topics, let’s regroup all of them in one topic (=this one)

#If you’re looking for a pilot :
Please share all informations that you have :

• When (Zulu time)?
  • Where ?
  • Which server ?
  • Region
  • If possible frequency
  • Additional (helpful) informations
    Please provides screens if you have them! This will help a lot !

#If you’re looking for an ATC :
Please share all informations that you have :

• When (Zulu time)?
  • Airport ?
  • Ground/Center, Approach/Departure…
  • Where ?
  • Which server ?
  • Region
  • If possible frequency
  • Additional (helpful) informations
    Please provides screens if you have them! This will help a lot !

Thanks all !
Have a safe flight !

8 Likes

Hope this will help ! ;-))

1 Like

Can I also point out it would be useful to share their display name and callsign also :)

2 Likes

This sometimes doesn’t work. In my case, I was looking for a user that request to join Infinite Flight Aviation Experts.

3 Likes

I’ve forget the most important ! Thanks @IceBlue!

2 Likes

@Joshua_Fleming please avoid moving my topic in #meta, my topic doesn’t fit the #meta rules and the correct category is #live thanks !

1 Like

Great stuff @Flying-Switzerland, I still think it would be better if there was a place within the actual app where you could add your IFC username. So as a example when you click the aircraft icon where it displays information about that specific aircraft , it should say IFC - Username not just callsign and IF callsign.

4 Likes

Definitely, but it’ll avoid having many topics for the same reason

1 Like

I understand. I usually don’t look for a user unless it’s IFAE. When they request to join, we contact them first and then get there info so your information wouldn’t work for us

2 Likes

No because call signs are more realistic for me !

And imagine everyone have an email address how can we associate them from IFC to IF live…

1 Like

I do believe it should be in meta as it is regarding how things should happen now when looking for a member on the community. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree :)

1 Like

Yeah but I’m pretty it would work for other persons ;-)

Obviously. I like the idea.

1 Like

I didn’t mean it in that context , you would obviously keep your IF username and callsign , the thing im saying is a new option would be added so you could add your IFC username. So if a pilot clicks on your aircarft they can view your IFC username.

Does that help or shall I go into more detail ?

No that’s fine! But imagine for example if I use your IFC username and I do something wrong… it’ll be difficult to determine who’s wrong…

1 Like

Like someone impersonating you ? Didn’t think of that , maybe you could only add a IFC username if you know the password to that specific IFC username ?

1 Like

Yeah but then IF will have to connect to the IFC community database and I don’t think Discourse provide a specific access to the database…

1 Like

Who knows , i know i would love that option thou ! This is why we pay FDS the big bucks to figure this stuff out !

That’s what IFAE stands for? I thought it stood for Infinite Flight Airport Editing (team)

1 Like

That and it also says for Infinite Flight Aviation Experts

1 Like