Listening to ATC

Hello fellow air traffic controllers and other aviators!
I am Cedric Laureys and I like to be an air traffic controller on the training server.
Most of the time, I love to do it but sometimes I hate it. Let me explain why:
Often, people don’t listen to my instructions. For example on the ground and tower service, they request 27L but it’s not in use, do I assign them rnw 09R. They just don’t listen to me and taxi to 27L anyways. When tower gives them clearance for takeoff on rnw 09R, they still takeoff on rnw 27L…

It’s even more fustrating on the departure or approach frequency: People often don’t turn the assigned headings and just follow their flightplans. When I give clearance for rnw 36C they still continue their approach to rnw 36L.

Because of this, I don’t like to be IFACT anymore.
My question to IF is: Is there a possibility to give atc the authority to punish people who are not following the instructions? I have some ideas, if you want to know them you’re welcome to contact me :)

Have a nice vacation
CL

7 Likes

There is no way to do so on the Training server. However, if you’d like to practice with pilots who follow commands, I recommend practicing and becoming an IFATC controller, where you can then control realistically on Expert (and ghost people who aren’t following directions).

2 Likes

I see your point. I have 2,000 movements of the training server purely. I regularly control EGLL as both Approach, Tower and Ground. Its almost every 1 in 5 flights dont go to the requested runway, or the closed side. I think TSATC should be an approved ATC service, but still not be in power of reporting, since the whole point of this server is to train for the Expert Server. Personally I think official TSATC members should have the authority of Warnings on screen, but not Reporting… I kind of want to make a features post of this…

3 Likes

I suggested giving ATC ability to report people, but it didn’t get votes Ability for ATC to report.

1 Like

For good reason. Giving TS controllers the ability to report would turn the game into chaos.

3 Likes

I think that it will be good. Pilots can report, so why can’t ATC do so? I personally report people, but via DMs to staff (usually schyllberg)

1 Like

Pilots can’t report… That report button is nonfunctional. Plus, anyone can control on the Training Server, so around 20% of reports would be legitimate. The other 80% would be from trolls, making the game a horrible place to play.

Edit: Pilots can advise mods of other pilots, but because it’s the Training server, these PMs generally aren’t effective.

1 Like

There really isn’t anything you can do about the training server. When I control on the TS I usually don’t control for long because people just don’t listen… I would recommend just practicing to become an IFATC…

I totally agree… Too many people would not know what they were doing and it would be chaos…

This happens to me alot on TS, I try to do my best but there’s always going to be that one person who doesn’t want to listen and it’s really annoying when it disrupts the flow of traffic

Whenever I can get my hands on egll tower and friend, it’s basically like people are too lazy for a 3 minute taxi. The exact same scenario happens to me all the time.

2 Likes

This is so relatible. It’s like, you are flying a transatlantic flight and you can’t taxi to the other side of the runaway

2 Likes

Exactly😂 That’s the best I’ve heard. But in all seriousness, why do they park closest to the closed runway? I understand if it’s a realistic gate assignment, but being closer to the runway will ONlY help you, fuel wise.

1 Like

The runway isn’t closed. It’s just not the ideal end for take offs or landings.

2 Likes

Hello welcome to the community… Hope u enjoy it as much as I do!

1 Like

@CaptainLaureys
I sometimes do have the same feeling as you, and therefore I am planning to apply for IFATC.
When an IFATC controls on Expert server, rules are strictly enforced. Therefore there is nothing to worry when you are qualified. Pilots who have broken the rules will receive ghosting by yourself.

Referring to your question. I believe there are space for improvement in terms of how Training Server is handled as seen with these situations you mentioned above. There is definitely possibility to do so, however at the same time the ATCs on Training Servers do not have to pass tests or anything, so giving the permission to punish the pilots who are not following commands might be abused in some way.

If you would like this to be a change to Infinite Flight in the future, please consider putting this under the features list. Of course you will have to follow the formats and requirements of that section.

Stay positive and work hard to become an IFATC!

1 Like

It’s not open either

Technically, it is open, but if traffic is using the other end, then you shouldn’t be using that end of the runway. :) You won’t see this on expert, though, as ATC always opens runways according to wind direction.

1 Like

We have all paid for a game, not for unorganised chaos. I

I know, I am training for that too. It’s just horrible that pilots with lower grades are forced to fly on the training server. Some of them really try to be as realistic as possible, but if other pilots don’t care about that and just ignore atc instructions, the whole game experience becomes just, awful…

1 Like

The best thing for you to do is to stay away from EGLL or KLAX, maybe even KSFO, KJFK, RJTT, or OMDB, but usually the first two. The further away from those places you get, the better ATC service gets. I might even be the one controlling you sometimes!