List of ATC Commands

For someone who only flies and does not control, is there a list of ATC commands to be found somewhere?
Yesterday I heard “Maintain safe distance with aircraft ahead” for the first time.
I was just wondering which commands are available.

https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/atc-phraseology-guide-controller-commands/5929

1 Like

Thanks! Couldn’t find it.
Was looking for ATC Commands instead of Phraseology.

Who was the controller? If they are in the IF beta I know they have some extra commands that will come to IF in the future.

For example @MishaCamp replied ‘WilCo’ instead of ‘Roger’ to an Exit Runway command at EGBB last night- he is certainly a beta user.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve heard “Willco” as well. Cool! Looking forward to that one.

I don’t remember the controller, but the command is in the list, so it isn’t new. I just hadn’t heard it earlier. It wasn’t aimed at me either. :)

Ahh ok :)

Apparently Tyler revealed some new stuff in a recent FlightCast I need to listen to.

It has always been a command for just Ground controllers. I am not sure off the top of my head where it’s located but I believe it’s under miscellaneous tab .

2 Likes

I’ve never controlled and considering my lack of eyesight I really don’t “see” that happen in the future either, which is a shame.
I’m going to read through the list of commands again, just to see what’s there. Hopefully it will be updated when new commands are added.

1 Like

I was the controller at EGBB yesterday. That plane was taxiing fast and i had to use that command.

1 Like

@carmalonso also said Wilco instead of Roger yesterday. That confused me for a bit

1 Like

Wilco. Will comply

1 Like

Wilco is not new, I’ve used it when told to cancel takeoff clearance before.

It is for exit runways though- it would be ‘roger’ before.

I’ve never seen it. But that could be me! LOL :)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.